PDA

View Full Version : Guests meeting me at my WDW hotel

kms1066heb
11-18-2014, 10:40 AM
I am attending the D23 Destination D event this weekend and am staying at the Contemporary, checking in on Friday. I live here in Orlando and have some friends meeting me for drinks and dinner on Friday night. They are meeting me at the Contemporary and we are taking the monorail to have pre-dinner drinks at the Poly, then on to dinner at Citricos at the GF, and then back to the Contemporary for dessert and nightcaps while watching Wishes.

My question is regarding their parking at the Contemporary. Do I need to leave their names with the gate guard at the Contemporary for them to have access to park? If our reservation at the Contemporary is not until 9:00 p.m. and they arrive at 5:00 p.m., will they be allowed to park at the hotel? They may decide to hire a car/limo for the evening, to alleviate having to choose a designated driver since we do not drink and drive! Would the car/limo be allowed to park/wait at the Contemporary from 5:00 p.m. to around 11:00 p.m., when my friends leave?

:mickey: Thanks!

Strmchsr
11-18-2014, 11:32 AM
They could be dropped off by a car service at the contemporary, and picked up later, but not park there. The time limit is 3 hours and only if they had dinner reservations at the Contemporary. With the extreme business lately the deluxe resorts have actually started asking for reservation numbers sometimes before letting you into the parking area and being more strict on enforcing the times. What your friends could do, however, is park at the TTC and take the monorail around to the Contemporary. That would be the best choice. Limos/car services can also pick up/drop off at the TTC. There is a specific drop off area so that should take care of the issues for you.

BrerGnat
11-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Another option is taking taxis. There are always plenty of them lined up at each hotel.

VWL Mom
11-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't swear to it but according to the mom's panel, if they are visiting with you they will be able to park at the hotel.

You will need to either have reservations for a meal at one of the restaurants located at the resort, be a guest of that resort or be visiting someone who is staying at that resort in order to park there. This is to ensure that there are enough spaces available for guests of the resort.

When DS had a friend visit us we let the front desk know and they gave a 2nd pass. We had to give the name of the guest and how long they would be visiting. When they arrived they told security the were there to visit us and gave our name.

BrerGnat
11-18-2014, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't swear to it but according to the mom's panel, if they are visiting with you they will be able to park at the hotel.

When DS had a friend visit us we let the front desk know and they gave a 2nd pass. We had to give the name of the guest and how long they would be visiting. When they arrived they told security the were there to visit us and gave our name.

Good to know!

kms1066heb
11-19-2014, 11:59 AM

Very good to know! Thank you so much!

Imalismom
11-19-2014, 05:15 PM
When we have had an Intercot meet, a lot of Intercot's where staying at the contemporary. We did drive over to meet with them one evening, and had no trouble parking, but they were at the DVC portion.

I have also driven over to the Grand Floridan, and told the gate cast member I was just going shopping there, and they have let me park to go shopping with no problem.

Just FYI from my experience.

ransam
11-21-2014, 01:40 AM
enjoy your trip.