PDA

View Full Version : Phase Two - Disney Fantasy Cruise - Day Eight

faline
11-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Thursday, October 30, 2014

Once again, we were to change our clocks overnight - this time one hour ahead. Ergo, it is close to 10 before we are in search of breakfast. Halloween is being celebrated aboard ship today and we see many of our fellow passengers in costume. Since we are too late to dine at Royal Court, we head to Enchanted Garden. We decide to forgo lunch today so eat a healthy breakfast. Gene has two helpings of scrambled eggs from the buffet while I order an omelette.

After breakfast, we head topside to play a game of mini golf. The course is really cute and Gene wins by one stroke. We change into our bathing suits and head to the pool. Despite this being a day at sea, we have no difficulty locating a couple of chairs in the adult pool section. We spend time in the hot tub, pool, on our lounges and repeat. One of our fellow passengers tells us there was a lot of trick or treating in the area where her cabin is located - apparently organized on-line by fellow passengers. We indulge in some soft service ice cream during the time we are there (which was certainly a mistake on my part!!)).

Around 4, we return to our room where we shower and change. I order two cheese and cracker plates from room service which hits the spot and will tide us through until this evening's dinner.

We hang out on our verandah enjoying a lovely sunny afternoon with just a smattering of clouds wafting by. We are now heading to the north -- the setting sun is to our right -- we will have to stand to watch the sunset this evening.

After the sun sets, we head upstairs to the Meridian Lounge. We sit out on their patio where I have a Creme Brulee Martini. So good that I actually have two. There was another party on the patio when we arrived but they left so we had the whole patio area to ourselves. Our only interruptions were when folks who were playing mini golf above peeked over the railing onto the patio where we were seated.

Dinner tonight is again at Enchanted Garden. Gene has a Red Carpet which has Bourbon, Lime and Cranberry Juice. I have a Tuxedo which contains sparkling wine, Ketel One Vodka and Chambord. Bread is sour dough with roasted red pepper dip. This is followed by the garlic and herb sauteed shrimp appetizer and a mushroom soup. The entree for me is an oven baked lobster tail. Dessert is rum cake.

This evening, we receive our gratuity cards in our room. Disney does an automatic gratuity for room hosts/hostesses, head waiter, server and assistant server. The only problem I encounter is that I don't recall ever having met our head waiter and have no idea who this person is!! Folks are free to add additional amounts to the supplied envelopes.

We end our evening on the verandah as usual. Only one more night will be available to us.

KylesMom
11-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Cruising sounds like a lot of leisure time, Linda - very different than a Disney World parks vacation where you are constantly bounding from one place to the next!

Love all of the food and beverages you are able to sample - they sound wonderful.

I don't recall ever having met our head waiter and have no idea who this person is!! I am afraid that does not say much for the head waiter, to whom you are obligated to pay a gratuity to!

Another lovely, relaxing, and TASTY day at sea! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
11-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I agree with Carol, Linda. You and Gene sure seem to do cruises the right way! Just fantastic.