View Full Version : My Disney 2014 Year in Review Part 3 September

Beach Club Babe
11-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Cast Members:

Heather (me)
Ron ( DH)
Courtney ( DD#1)
Jason ( DSIL)

Fast forward to August. All hope had now pretty much faded of getting moved down to Florida by the end of summer. Ron's company were adamant that they wanted him for the position, but not enough so to give him a confirmed start date. He began to apply to other companies in his field. One day, he saw a position open at Disney and thought why not go for it. He thought it a real longshot, but felt he had to at least try for it. Weeks passed by and Emily needed to start back to school here in Pa. This year Hallie would be joining her as she started Kindergarten. Just after Labor Day, Ron got a phone call from Disney. They gave him a phone interview there on the spot. The interviewer told him that he would soon receive a second phone interview from a manager in the department he would be working. He was told if the second interview went well, he would be asked to come down for an in person interview. A few days passed and Ron was nervous since he had expected the 2nd interview to have taken place. He did receive a call from the original interviewer who had thought the manager had interviewed him, he said he would be in contact with her and sure enough not long after Ron received his 2nd phone interview. The next day when the phone rang again, he thought they were calling to ask him to come down for the interview, instead it was to tell him the job was his if he wanted it! He would give his 2 week notice which turned into a 2.5 notice because they needed him. He was sent a variety of e-mails to complete before completing his onboarding process at the Casting center on the 25th.

He worked up until 2:00 on the 23rd before we loaded up the car and headed down. This drive is becoming too much of a habit and too familiar. I wil l be glad when I don't have to make it at all. We made it to Daytona and we're just getting ready to make the turn to I-4 when Courtney called and asked if we wanted to stop down and have dinner with them first. We had a nice dinner, then stopped to buy Ron some new dress shoes, as his were a mess. We hung out with them and their puppy for a bit before heading to our hotel. I decided to book on Hotel Plaza Blvd again since he had a 10:00 appointment at Casting just down the street. This time I got a great rate at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This was a decent hotel as well, but I definitely liked the Wyndham much better.

The plan the next morning was to have some breakfast, then I would drop Ron off at Casting. He was to be there for quite a while. Then he was to be transported to the area in which he would be headquartered for lack of a better term, to meet with his new managers and planners. I would entertain myself until the afternoon when I would drive to Melbourne for Courtney's last wedding dress fitting.

Now here's how it really happened. We had the breakfast and I dropped off Ron. I then went across the street and parked at DTD. I browsed some shops and found tins of stuff that I would love to have, but that will have to wait until I am down here permanently. No sense in dragging it home only to pack it up and bring it back. I received a text from Ron that he was all checked in, but others were being called who came in after him. He was slightly annoyed that it was going on an hour. Finally, someone came to him, and asked if he had checked in. Yes, an hour ago. They apologized that a CM had messed up his check in, when they finally found his paperwork. No harm no foul though and he had been called back. I thought I had even more tI me now, so I decided to do a little resort hopping. I got on a bus to French Quarter and then one to Magic Kingdom. From there I took a launch over to Polynesian. There I received a frantic call from Ron that plans had changed and I needed to pick him up and transport him to meet his managers. Yikes! I called for a cab, and explained I needed to get to DTD ASAP! The driver was quick but careful and delivered me right to my car, I popped over and grabbed Ron and then we tried to follow a fairly confusing map to the area he needed to get to. When we found it, it was gated and I had to get out and show my ID to the camera to allow us entry. The buildings were not clearly marked so we had a little trouble figuring out which one he needed to gr to, but we figured it out.Ron was there about an hour while I waited in quite a hot car. He then needed to go back to casting and was expecting it to take a while longer. He said he would walk back to the hotel while I went to meet Courtney. However, I was just about to hit the highway when he called to say he was finished, so I turned around got him and took him to Courtney's appointment too! She looked stunning! I had been with her when she picked the dress out, but Ron had never seen it. He was starting to tear up. The appt went well and we went back to her house after it was finished and had another dinner with them.

The next morning I didn't feel like another so so breakfast, so I made a reservation at Kona Cafe and we celebrated with Tonga Toast and French Press Coffee. Delicious! The afternoon was spent trying to find Ron some temporary living arrangements, but that did not go that well. Of all the places we checked out only 1 we liked, but we could have rented 5 bedroom home for the price. Then we decided to take the advice of the Casting CM, and took a ride to find Disney University where Traditions would take place. You cannot be late and that was emphasized heavily. We went back to the hotel for a rest, then had dinner at Fudd Ruckers at the Crossings area. Then Ron needed a few things for his Traditions class and his first day that would take place on the 30th and 1st, so we hit the outlets and found what we needed before calling it a night.

Part 4 to come shortly.We finally get to the parks!

faline
11-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Ron's start was a bit disorganized but it seems to have all worked out well and you were both able to see your daughter in her wedding gown!!

KylesMom
11-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Well this sure was exciting ... oy vey!

Happy that Ron got everything squared away but it sure sounds like a chaotic couple of days for you two. In the end it seems like the orientation was successful, though finding Ron temporary housing thus far has not. It really is something that Ron is officially a Disney Employee, Heather!

I am so glad that you both got to see your beauty in her wedding dress. What a lovely thing to be able to do together! :mickey: