PDA

View Full Version : Universal Survey

NJGIRL
11-17-2014, 08:50 PM
I went on the Universal web site today and ended up taking their survey. What I found very interesting was that many of the questions pertained to how much you wanted to pre-plan your vacation.

Right now a Universal vacation is very easy and most times you don't need to even make reservations to table service ahead of time.

I love how you can just wing it and still be able to do everything you want. I hope they are not thinking about going the way WDW has with the over planning every minute of the day.

MizMissy
11-17-2014, 09:19 PM
That would be miserable! Besides, staying on site with unlimited express pass means you don't have to overplan.
I'm going to take their survey to add my thoughts on how much I hate a vacation that requires too many advanced reservations.

NJGIRL
11-17-2014, 10:50 PM
That's pretty much what I told them too.

Even though I didn't like it, I bit the bullet and always made my WDW ADR's 6 months out but what they are doing now is really overwhelming to me. Way too much planning.

I just don't want Universal to get to that point too.

Mickey'sGirl
11-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Ack! I think the lack of planning at Universal is part of the draw!

baldburke
11-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I do have to say I'm a bit concerned with having to book FP+ 60 days out. I would be okay with a 24 or 48 hour window. We traveled with my MIL using FP+ last November and it was fine, but this April will be our first FP+ trip with the kids. Yes, I have my meals booked, but a meal doesn't hold me to what park I want to visit. I can't imagine picking what park we want to visit by day in February for a trip in April!

BrerGnat
11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Ugh, I hope NO one else jumps on this bandwagon. And I hope Disney abandons the idea as well. It is just a pain.

1DisneyNut
11-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Ugh, I hope NO one else jumps on this bandwagon. And I hope Disney abandons the idea as well. It is just a pain.

I agree. I hope Universal doesn't go and do something stupid in the next year because we are finally actually starting to think about planning a visit for the first time due to the aggravation of scheduling a WDW trip these days. If they follow suit, so much for that reason to give them a try.

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Ack! I think the lack of planning at Universal is part of the draw!

Exactly!!!! Other than Potter World, it's the ease of a Universal vacation that keeps us going back.