Beach Club Babe
11-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Cast Members:

Heather ( Me)
Ashleigh ( DD#2)
Emily ( DD#3)
Hallie ( DD#4)
Rose ( DF)

As mentioned in part one, we were unable to schedule our usual family vacation in WDW, but instead have taken a few short days when our schedule permitted.

In June, we made the trip down for a few purposes including Ashleigh visiting a school she was interested in attending, helping Courtney with a few wedding preparations and me starting to look for our new home.

On June 17th, just after school had let out for summer, we packed up and made the drive down. This trip would be split with a few days in Orlando and a few in Melbourne, where Courtney lives. Courtney had asked me to help out with some wedding preparations including meeting with the florist. Somehow I misunderstood what she had told me about the location of the florist, thinking she had told me it was in Orlando I scheduled that portion of the trip first. Oops, the florist was actually located in Daytona. This was very much a last minute trip, so I did not expect I would be able to book a room on property, so I booked the next best thing and booked the Wyndham on Hotel Plaza Blvd across from DTD. I was able to get the room for 3 nights at only $69.00 a night. There was a charge to park the car whether valet or self park, it was the same rate so we valeted. The room was a tower room and perfectly large enough to suit our needs. I had chosen the room since the garden rooms were outside entry. However, they are much closer to the pool area, which the kids enjoyed very much since it was also a mini Waterpark for kids. The larger pool was quite cool especially at night, but the other pool next to it was quite a bit warmer. The hotel also had a nice area in the lobby for coffee (Joffrey's) and breakfast as well as a Disney gift shop. On an upper floor, there was a restaurant that had a character breakfast, but we did not dine there. All in all it was a nice hotel and would return for a shorat visit, but would not want to spend a whole Disney vacation here. Even though it is on property technically, it still requires a lot of "fuss" to get back and forth to the parks. The day after our arrival I was to meet with the florist in the morning, and later Ashleigh had an appointment at the school. Initially Rose was going to hang with the younger girls, but we actually decided to bring them with us as Rose was also curious to see what the school was like. She is a nurse, and Ashleigh would be studying in the medical technology field. We got up bright and early to make the drive to Daytona. While I met with the florist, the rest browsed some shops and toured a chocolate factory. Afterward, we still had a while before Ashleigh's appointment, so we headed over to Daytona Beach to dip our toes in the water and take some pictures. We had lunch and started down to the appt. Ashleigh had a nagging feeLing that she couldn't shake, so she called to confirm the appt.and was told that it was not on the schedule and the person with whom she had the appt. was not currently in the office. When they finally touched base, she ask that we reschedule for Monday. We had hoped to be on our way home by then, so we were forced to extend our trip by a day. This did nothing to impress either Ashleigh or myself. Instead the rest of this day turned into a day of looking at different neighborhoods for where we might start looking for a house. So not a total loss after all. Jason and Courtney drove up this evening and we had a lovely dinner together at BJ's Brewhouse. My first time hete, one of Jason and Courtney's favorites, one of ours now too.

Since the girls were so good all day doing boring adull things I decided I would take them to one park the next day. That night though Rose was not feeling that well, so she decided not to join us. I offered us not to go, but she insisted we go and she could have a nice relaxing day at the pool.

Surprise, surprise, the girls chose Magic Kingdom so I purchased 1 day tickets at the hotel. We wanted to be there by opening since we had no fp+s and I would have to try and get some at a kiosk. Since the shutter wouldn't start until nearly 8:30, we decided to grab the car and drive over. We got to see the opening show which always makes my girls very happy. Once inside, I headed toward the fp+ kiosk near Stitch's Grest Escape. While I easily frustrated myself doing that, Ashleigh and Emily decided to ride Space Mt after seeing that there was virtually no wait. Normally, I would have ridden Peoplemover but that was closed for refurbishment at that time. Instead we waited for the girls. They were back in no time. I was able to
get fp+'s for BTMR, Splash, and The Little Mermaid.

The girls were so hoping to ride the Mine Train and we're disappointed I could not get fp+ for it even though I told them it was not going to be a possibility. They still wanted to wait in the 75 minute posted standby line. I left Emily and Ashleigh to wait in line alongside the stone wall and took Hallie to ride her Barstow me or I would not hear the end of it. We were able to walk right on and then allowed to stay on since there was no one line. When I returned, the girls had only moved a few feet. Still they wanted to press on and still wait for it. Soon however, the line began to move at a decent pace. It turned out to be only a 40 minute wait. Never thought I'd ever utter those words. Of course we all loved it so I suppose it was worather it.

Next it was time for some lunch so it was off to one of our favorites, Columbia Harbor House. There was no wait at all as it had just opened. Next we waited way too long for Pirates, but it's an Ashleigh must do so..... Jungle Cruise was also under rehab at this time so we rode the Magic Carpets for Hallie before heading to Haunted Mansion and I as before our fp+ with Ariel. This is yet another totally unnecessary attraction to have fp+, but I will not get on my soapbox or I might not get off. It was then time for our fp+ at Splash Mt. But it was down. Instead we rode the train around for a whole loop, then found a spot in Frontier land for the new parade. This was amazing and we really loved it. We're not big parade people, but this one blew us away. We decided on a tiny break and left the park. We took the express monorail, then transferred to the Epcot line. At this time, it began to rain. We rode back to the tty and then switched to the resort line, opting to get off at the Contemporary and have dinner at their quick service restaurant, the name escapes me.

We made it back to MK in time for our fp+ at BTMR, but both it and Splash were down due to lightning. Instead we went to see Carousel of Progress and then rode Buzz. The best thing about this particular traveling party is, that despite having terrible scores, I can still beat them lol! I believe we rode the railroad again and after disembarking at Frontier land had found that our fp+ rides were now open. First, BTMR, then Splash, then it was time to say goodnight and head back to our car. Wishes was about to begin, so I wanted to avoid the mass exodus. We watched a little once we made it to the ttc, but it had been a long day and we needed to get back.

The next day I had some apps to see some houses. I requested a late check out and had til 1:00. After my appointments, I came back to collect everyone, had some lunch at Earl of Sandwich then hit the road for Melbourne, to spend some time with Courtney and Jason.

The following day, we had some wedding things to do in Vero Beach, so we left Rose, and the other girls for a day at the beach while we took care of the wedding stuff. Of course I had to drive by Disney's Vero Beach Resort just for a peak. Next day was Ashleigh's rescheduled appt. If we weren't impressed before we really weren't after our visit. That was quite disappointing especially for Ashleigh. We met up to have lunch with Courtney and Jason before heading on that dreaded drive home. But not before taking a little peak at Courtney's wedding venue in Palm Coast because I just couldn't help myself.

Part 3 to follow

SBETigg
11-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Sounds like you made the most of a few setbacks and still had a fun and productive time!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-17-2014, 09:43 AM
A full day at MK, thanks for the report

faline
11-17-2014, 10:08 AM
In between all the other business, it's good to hear you had a fun day at the Magic Kingdom.

Sorry to hear Ashleigh was disappointed in the school. Hopefully, she is able to connect with a school that meets her needs and that she likes!!

princessgirls
11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Full fun day at the Magic Kingdom!!!

Thanks for sharing Heather!
Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
11-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Nice rate at the Wyndham - sounds like a decent place for the price, Heather. Well, at least the florist meeting went well anyway - a real shame that you could not visit the school though-and they were not more flexible. Dinner more than made up for it with Jason & Courtney I'll bet!

What a happy day at MK - from the opening ceremony to the last ride of the day on Splash, it sounds like you all had a great time. Yay for getting to ride Mine Train! :party:

I hope that you were able to find a few possibilities on this trip down for potential homes. I bet this is a very tedious process. I have a distinct feeling that Ashleigh will be searching for other schools . . . VERY happy you were able to see the wedding venue before the long trek home! :mickey: