PDA

View Full Version : Disney Memory Maker

RedSoxFan
11-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Can someone please explain in detail how this works. The Disney website doesn't seem to provide a lot of detail. What do I get for $150? The rights to all pictures forever or for a certain time? Can I download them and print them myself without having to go through Disney? I leave Thursday and need to make a decision asap as to whether or not to purchase this. TIA

eeyoremom
11-16-2014, 01:09 PM
You get the rights to all the pics, can add borders, words, signatures, etc. You download all within 30 days on to CD or whatever. They are yours forever. Great for a big group, everyone can be linked, so only one purchase necessary. Have lots and lots of pics.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2014, 01:12 PM
It doesn't make it very clear, does it?

While at Disney all of the pictures you have taken, as well as ride-photos and on-ride videos (ToT and Mine Train) will be linked to your My Disney Account.

You can view the pictures for free, and can chose to purchase pictures as you'd like. (Either order prints, or pay to download).

The Memory Maker allows you to download ALL of your photos and on-ride videos. Before you download, you can edit the pictures, add signatures and borders, etc. Then, you can download both the original and the edited versions. If you don't download the pictures within 45 days, they will "expire" on the site and won't be available anymore. Once you download them though, your copy is yours, and you can print, etc. as you desire.

If you're going to get a lot of photos, and want the ride photos, then get the Memory Maker. The costs quickly add up ... I think we had over 300 pictures from our last trip.

RedSoxFan
11-17-2014, 08:16 AM
So you have to pay to download the pictures on top of the $150?

faline
11-17-2014, 08:48 AM
So you have to pay to download the pictures on top of the $150?

If you pre-purchase the memory maker, you will not need to pay any additional amounts to download the pictures. You must pre-purchase at least 3 days in advance as pictures taken within the first 3 days will not be available to you as part of the package.

If you don't buy the memory maker "package", you would need to pay for any individual photos you want to purchase and download on a per photo basis or pay the higher amount for a memory maker package that would begin immediately.

wdwaggie
11-17-2014, 10:32 AM
The only thing "extra" that you pay for are the merchandising that they offer when you edit your pics before downloading. We bought the scrap book where we were able to insert our photos and captions in the book and it comes with a nice hardcover and embossing. This was well worth it to us to have a scrapbook souvenier that was custom made by us. Downloading the pics alone shouldn't cost you any additional above the $150. The emphasis here is don't be scared of the photo cast members, they are all too happy to take your picture and since you pre-paid, take full advantage! Enjoy!!

RedSoxFan
11-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Now to decide if I want to purchase it. Will check with DH. I leave Thursday so I will need to purchase it today!!

baldburke
11-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Downloading isn't a big deal in this digital age. We also think $150 is a great deal for the "all you can click" pics. We used to get one or two, but being able to get dozen of pics for this price is awesome!

ransam
11-19-2014, 01:19 AM
I still think this sounds like a great deal

Joannelet
11-25-2014, 09:25 AM
It's actually very cool. I love the videos!!!!
I just showed my son the videos and we were laughing so hard! Very cool!
The only complaint I have is some of my photos from my camera are better than the photo pass ones and some even came out blurry or eyes shut. But overall it is great!
Another thing that was a tad distracting is there are some events that still give you a card with your pictures on. For instance we got a separate photo card for the Jedi training, enchanted tales with Belle and even visiting with Santa at downtown Disney. You have to go to the magicband centers to have them transfer them to your my Disney experience through your band. Do not leave before doing this as it's extremely difficult to do this at home.

rivermist61
12-31-2014, 01:59 PM
We just returned and used the memory maker. We took advantaged of ALL the photo spots and characters because of it. You get ALL the pictures, even from the rides AND they included videos in it. You go online and can "custom" your photos with borders and stickers and then you can download all of them to your computer, including the videos. When you have your picture taken ask the photographer if they do the "character shots" these are the ones where they put in stitch, or olaf, or tinkerbell. Personally, for us, it was worth the price.