PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining rooms

TinkerMel
11-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure we get adjoining rooms for next week at Animal Kingdom Lodge? We have requested it on our reservation. I know that requests are not guaranteed. Would calling the hotel help at all? Or, should we just wait and see at check-in? Any advice would be appreciated :mickey:

faline
11-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Did you request adjoining rooms or connecting rooms? Connecting rooms have an interior door between the rooms so you do not need to enter the hallway to get to the next room. Adjoining rooms are next to each other but do not have the interior door to get from one room to the other.

I know Disney does not guarantee room placement but I think they work very hard to be sure they meet these type of requests.

Fangorn
11-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Be aware the "adjoining" rooms are not the same as "connecting" rooms. "Connecting" rooms have a door between them. "Adjoining" rooms do not - they are just next door to each other.

Make sure your request is noted correctly. Disney will make every effort to grant the request, but as you know, they can't guarantee it. Your chances are much higher if there are children on the reservation - particularly if the number of kids is greater than the number of adults.

Steve

TinkerMel
11-13-2014, 12:07 PM
I checked my reservation. It requests connecting rooms. Thank you for clarifying. I didn't know there was a difference, but connecting is exactly what we need. There are more children than adults on the reservation. So, I should just relax about that and know that it will probably be taken care of?

brownie
11-13-2014, 12:23 PM
As long as it's noted on your reservation, you should be good to go. They'll work with you at check-in if the request wasn't granted during room assignment, though still no guarantees.

ransam
11-14-2014, 01:52 AM
I am hoping for the best when we go down there in november

Kaps
11-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Nothing is a guarantee. I believe they try there best but I had requested the same thing along with the closest building to the food court. Upon arrival (Port Orleans riverside) we were given rooms If I remember right in building 42 which couldn't be farther from the food court and instead of adjoining rooms I got 1 room upstairs and the other was downstairs on the other side of the building??? I know they try but I wasn't having my kids on the other side of the building from me. they were able to adjoin rooms eventually but we were still as far away from the front as could be. Good luck i hope it works out for you and this was also in November

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but we've never received connecting rooms when we've asked for them. We've had adjoining rooms though, just never connecting.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you can't do much about it before you get there. Make sure that it is noted on your reservation, and ask again when you check-in. I expect they will do what they can to make it happen!

magicofdisney
11-22-2014, 08:45 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but we've never received connecting rooms when we've asked for them. We've had adjoining rooms though, just never connecting.

We're the opposite. We've ALWAYS had connecting rooms when requested. Also, I'm not sure if Disney secretly changed their policy, but I booked a bounce back offer before leaving this week and the reservation reads:

SPECIAL REQUEST: GUARANTEED CONNECTING ROOMS

The thing is, I didn't actually make that specific request this time. Oddly enough, when we were checking in on Monday, the CM quietly made a similar statement. I don't know if it has to do with children outnumbering adults in our party or the age of the children. Maybe it's a combination of the 2.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-22-2014, 10:24 PM
That is good to know ... I know a lot of people worry about it! In our case it wasn't a must, there were always enough adults to go around, but it would have made things easier.

ransam
11-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I heard that if you request it more than 3 days in advance it was likely to be forgotten or mistgaken, but if you make 3 days in advance it was more likely to be given.

brownie
11-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I heard that if you request it more than 3 days in advance it was likely to be forgotten or mistgaken, but if you make 3 days in advance it was more likely to be given.

That sounds like a throwback to when people used to recommend faxing your request in 3 days before check-in. I don't know if they still are, room assignments were made 3 days out. The days of faxing room requests are well behind us now.

If it's noted on the reservation, it's sort of hard to forget since all the information is right there.

calypso1
12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
We just returned from the CR (tower rooms) and had an issue with this. I had requested connecting rooms but they could not accommodate for the first night. They were able to switch our rooms the next day to connecting which worked out, but on a 3 night stay it's a bit of a hassle to move. I was told this is always just a request, never a guarantee.

Gator
12-26-2014, 01:04 PM
There is no guarantee. That's what I've been told many times. But when my folks were able to join us right in the middle of one of our trips, Disney put them in the room next to us. It worked out great. Just ask and keep asking.

"You have not because you ask not."