PDA

View Full Version : New Dallas why did it fail

RAIDER
11-13-2014, 10:50 AM
We've been told the new series of Dallas is the last in the Uk

I thought the story lines were very good and sad to see it go
Did it fail because of the death of Larry Hagman in the USA ?

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2014, 11:05 AM
For me the I watched it the first season and loved it. Watched the second season and liked it and if I missed an episode I wasn't upset. The third season I watched 2 episodes and the story was just getting too far fetched for me. Turned it off and deleted it from my pre-scheduled list. That was just me but I wonder if others did the same.

SBETigg
11-14-2014, 02:41 PM
I have no idea when it was on or what station. I haven't really seen it get much traction here. No one of my acquaintances watched or followed it. I think it got lost in the shuffle of too many choices of good shows to watch.

NJGIRL
11-21-2014, 06:50 PM
I was in high school when the original was on and me and my friends watched every Friday night...we were die hard fans.

When the new series was announced I was so excited. While nothing could replace the original, I enjoyed the show a lot. I am sad to see that it was canceled. I'm not sure why it didn't make it other than maybe people don't want to see a show about overly rich but unhappy people.

I also think that we are flooded by reality TV were people behave badly in real life...so we don't need to see it being done pretend.

2Epcot
11-21-2014, 08:43 PM
I was also a big fan of the original series. I remember being so excited as a kid when we drove through the Dallas area and stopped by Southfork Ranch while they were still shooting the original series.

I liked the new show. Of course it is very hard to duplicate the same magic of a very successful series from the past. It was great seeing original cast members mixing in new characters being the adult versions of the children.

While it was sad to see Larry Hagman die during the new series, and very ironic that the actor who played his father Jock, died during the run of the original series, I don't think that was entirely the reason the show got canceled.

I think with most new shows, there is just a lot of competition out there. I know for myself, I still tend to watch broadcast television shows. It's very hard for me to be a regular viewer of a "cable" show. Even with the new Dallas, I'd end up with an entire season on the DVR before I'd go back and start watching them. I actually just started watching this last season this week.

I would have loved to see the show last a few more season being such a fan of the original show.