PDA

View Full Version : First time ever going in June

tinxmom
11-13-2014, 09:28 AM
About to start planning our next trip. Always were able to go at "low crowd" times when kids were younger. Even managed "off" times as they got older. Now we have one HS age, one college, and one college grad - only time they are all available is last week in June. Please tell me what to expect - how hot/humid? how crowded? I am banking on long park hours and hoping to get a lot of nighttime at the parks since my kids are all night owls now (last trip we were there was an October trip and my then 21 year old insisted on riding Winnie the Pooh at 2am as we were leaving!)

faline
11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
It will be very hot and humid and will be quite crowded but, yes, there will be longer park hours. When we go during summer hours, we will typically go to the park in the morning, return to our resort for pool/room rest time in the afternoon, and then head back out again in the evening for some more park time.

luvkatiebug
11-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Even though mine are still young (13 and 9), we have to go during the summer too b/c my husband and I both teach high school and he coaches. We have never had the "pleasure" of going to WDW in an "off" time.
Going during the summer just requires getting up early, or maybe in your case, staying up late. We usually take the midday breaks and that works well for us. The nice thing about the summer is you have long hours. If we take a really late night, then we sleep in the next morning. We also love the pools and the water parks during the summer. I think yall will have a great time, just takes a little planning.:mickey:

PirateLover
11-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I totally agree with Linda. It will be hot. It will be humid. Go to the parks early, then go back for a break. Pool/shower/nap. Then you can hit the parks again at night fully refreshed. If you stay all day, you will burn out pretty quickly. Oh, and stay hydrated!!!!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-24-2014, 05:05 PM
I did a June trip with my daughter for her HS graduation in 2012 and am now planning another June trip in 2015 for my youngest son's HS graduation.

We found that the mornings were pleasant. We'd go back to our resort and nap or hit the pool for a bit in the afternoon and then go back in the evening when it was a bit nicer.

We went and are planning on going again more mid June than late June.
Just know that will be more crowded when you visit in June than you usually do during the off season (went in late January in 2009 with The Hubs). We just plan on being patient. We carry tubes of glow bracelets for kids that might be having a melt down on the lines....its fun to do something unexpected for a stranger. We people watch, we have 'board games' on our phones,etc.

Have fun!!!

Janmac
11-26-2014, 10:07 AM
It could be quite wet. On our only June trip the brief afternoon rain showers turned into major storm events almost every day, lasting well into the evening. Despite being at the World for 9 days, and with extended park hours, we wound up experiencing fewer attractions, especially those that are closed when there is lightning.

We had a good time anyway. Having flexible plans helps. :D

Jan

DonaldDuck1117
11-26-2014, 09:57 PM
We are night owls as well and always close the parks. We then sleep in in the mornings because after a long day in the park and closing the MK down every night the last thing we want to do is be up to open a park, and now with fastpass plus you don't have to be there at open to get passes for the big rides.

We sleep in, take it easy then head to the parks about noon or 1. That way we are rested and still have 12 hours of park time since they close so late.