PDA

View Full Version : Disney VISA Rewards Question

VacationDisney
11-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Suppose you have paid, IN FULL, for your upcoming trip to WDW. You decide that you would like to use your Disney rewards. (after paying for the trip already).

Say you want to use $1,000.00. This is WAY to much money to use on dining and gifts.

My question is: Can I use the Disney Rewards card on my resort stay and have the VISA card credited for that $1,000.00 since the trip was paid for well in advance?

Has anyone done this in the past? We have used the rewards card, in the past, to help pay for our vacations, but, was wondering if I can wait until I get there to use the Disney Rewards card?

Thanks for your help!

KylesMom
11-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I think you will have to call your booking agency to find out if this is possible. A couple of things to think of:

First off, if you had Chase credit your account for $1,000 so you could pay with your rewards earnings, you would lose all of the rewards points you accrued on that charge. Not a major moment I suppose if you have that many rewards points!

Unless you booked a room only, packages become payable in full prior to your trip; you would definitely need to take care of this prior to your stay.

Good luck!

VWL Mom
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
I've used rewards dollars as a credit on my bill and it didn't effect my points from pending charges, it just posted as a payment. I've also used reward dollars as payment on airline tickets charged to my card, I'm not sure if that's an option for all or just the premier card.

Imalismom
11-13-2014, 06:35 AM
You might think $1000 is not a lot to spend, but my last trip of 4 people for 4 days, I used over $850 reward dollars on food and gifts (I picked up some Christmas gifts while I was there). But it was mainly used on breakfast, lunches or dinners (we only did 2 a day).

VacationDisney
11-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Still confused after reading your answers here:confused:

Decided to get the Disney Rewards card early enough to apply to our final payment.

Thanks everyone:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry we couldn't help as much as you'd like.

I know I'm a bit confused. It sounds like your trip is paid in full, but you want to use the points to get a refund?

That would be tricky, and I'm not sure if it is even possible. I don't think they would refund part and repay it. In this case, Disney already has their $$ and is set.

If you haven't already paid, then yes, I believe you can use the Rewards towards paying off the final payment.

natedog24
11-19-2014, 08:58 AM
If your trip is more than 45 days out, you can always cancel and re-book, using the rewards points this time.

PopPhan
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
If I read your initial question correctly, you were asking whether you could use the Disney Rewards Card credits to pay on your Chase Disney Rewards VISA card. The answer to that is no. You cannot use the credits accumulated using the card to pay for the charges on that card.

You CAN, however, use the Disney Rewards Card credits to pay any room charges, purchases at select retail shops at WDW (or Disneyland), or online at the Disney Store website.

VacationDisney
11-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks PopPhan that is exactly the information I was looking for.