PDA

View Full Version : Phase Two - Disney Fantasy Cruise Day Five

faline
11-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Monday, October 27 2014

Today's port of call is Cozumel Mexico. Gene wanted to walk off and check out what was there. We did not book any shore excursions on this cruise so if you're expecting to hear all about the shore excursions we went on, you'll be sorely disappointed in these reports!!

Today we get up in time to go to Royal Court for breakfast. I have eggs Benedict and Gene has an omelette.

After breakfast, we walk off the ship and head into Cozumel. This is a bit strange. We thought we might just take a walk down the street but access to the streets are all gated off. The only way to get there is by venturing though a two story shopping mall. All the shopkeepers are outside their stores trying to encourage all the passers by into their shops. We see some lovely glasses but could buy the same at home for less money. Gene would like to buy a belt buckle but finds none that have a real Mexican flavor. While we might finally be in sight of a way out of the shopping mall, we are no longer interested in more exploring so backtrack and head back to the ship. I don't think we were gone even an hour.

We change and head to the pool. We have some lovely conversations with our fellow passengers. I'm not sure why but folks on this ship do seem to be extraordinary friendly. Lunch today is from Cabanas.

Back on our verandah,we watch our departure from port and the sunset.

Tonight, we have booked a reservation at one of the alternate restaurants so will be going to Palo. We dress for the occasion and head for our 8 pm reservation. While waiting, we are directed to Meridian, the lounge between Palo and Remy. We only wait for a few minutes before being seated. We have the choice of sitting at an ocean view table or at a booth. We choose the booth - the sun has gone down and you can't see the ocean anyway.

Amanda from Mexico is our server and she is wonderful. There are two choices - one is a six course preselected menu with wine pairings. We do not opt for this option. We are provided with antipasto. For an appetizer, we each have Fritto di calamari. I have the Osso bucco while Gene has the. Beef Tenderloin Palo which is topped with Gorgonzola cheese or Palo Signature Barolo red wine sauce. Our server brings Gene both options on the side. We order a bottle of Chianti wine (which our server had recommended to us) with our dinner and bring the remainder of the bottle back to our room. Upon recommendations from fellow passengers, we each have the chocolate soufflé which is served with vanilla bean and chocolate sauce. Additionally our server brings us each a taste of lemon ice before we get to our actual dessert. We depart totally stuffed and, once again spend time on the verandah staring at the ocean and the stars. On this night, we both catch sight of the same shooting star. Quite magical!!

another tink
11-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Love your trip report. Looking forward to the rest of them.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
11-14-2014, 09:20 AM
What a great day, Linda!

I appreciate the detail in your reports!

KylesMom
11-18-2014, 10:57 AM
I had to chuckle when I read your off ship exploits. Sounds like exiting a Disney World attraction and being herded into a gift shop! :D

Glad you are finding the passengers friendly, and the food delightful. How romantic you both saw that star - did you both wish on it?! :mickey:

faline
11-18-2014, 01:36 PM
How romantic you both saw that star - did you both wish on it?! :mickey:

Of course!! Can't waste magic like that!! :cloud9: