PDA

View Full Version : Every resort sold out?

MouseManiac
11-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Decided to do an impromptu Disney trip from tomorrow until Saturday and it seems EVERY resort is sold out. I can't seem to find any event that would explain this and God knows I don't want to deal with the park levels if this is the case. Does anyone have any info?:confused:

faline
11-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Have you contacted Magical Journeys to see if they can help?

I'm sure it's busy but can't image that every resort is sold out. Are you trying to use a special rate and/or a pin code? Discounts might not be available for a last minute trip.

VWL Mom
11-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I know that DVC booking is going down tonight through 9A tomorrow for an update. I wonder if they're updating the resort booking system now. I would give them a call and see if that's the problem.

MouseManiac
11-11-2014, 07:40 PM
It's the weirdest thing... This morning, rooms everywhere. At lunch time, only Pop and CBC. I didn't use a discount code and was looking for a delux, but wasn't picky. I'm less concerned about finding a place to stay, (although on-property would be my preference) as I am about crowd levels at this point. What am I missing?

dnickels
11-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Did you try calling them? Disney's web info is notorious for glitches and problems, but you could probably get an answer in less than the time it took me to type this out by calling and asking.

MouseManiac
11-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes... Tried calling. Got the same answer. She told me that there was a run Disney event coming up, but that was last weekend. Can't find any other events that would explain the lack of availability.

1DisneyNut
11-11-2014, 09:28 PM
In the past, I found their system did not like reservations for the next day. If you skipped a day, there would be rooms everywhere. I have no idea if it is still the same though.

ransam
11-12-2014, 01:24 AM
keep trying. Last may i had a quick trip and couldn't find any resorts.i called Disney directly and travel agencies, and nothing. I called later that night and got what i wanted.

BrerGnat
11-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Yes... Tried calling. Got the same answer. She told me that there was a run Disney event coming up, but that was last weekend. Can't find any other events that would explain the lack of availability.

Yes, the Wine and Dine half marathon was this past weekend but MANY people arrived late last week and probably chose to stay a week. If those rooms are still occupied on the day you want to arrive, no availability.

stephicakes
11-12-2014, 09:03 AM
We ran into the same problem once - nothing showing on Disney's website... tried a travel website, rooms everywhere. So some rooms are probably allocated for outside bookings. I would also suggest trying Magical Journeys or try booking yourself through a travel website. We got an awesome deal that way.

Good luck! Let us know how things turn out.

minnie04
11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
I tried right now and first it gave me All Star Music & Movies for under $100.00, but when I went to click it i got this
In red writing
Sorry, we were unable to add the vacation package to your cart at this time, please try again.

Does this mean the computers are messed up or that the rooms are not available????? I will keep trying... I was going to book off proptery for this one night trip, but I see the MK has extra hours on Saturday so it would be worth staying on property...

BrerGnat
11-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Check Expedia and Orbitz. You will still get all the perks if you book through one of these engines.

minnie04
11-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Check Expedia and Orbitz. You will still get all the perks if you book through one of these engines.

it will still be like booking through Disney? meaning I will still get the extra hours and be able to book FP's? just want to make sure before I book something. Also if I use Magical Journeys will this allow me to book FP's as well? Does the reservation show up on the MDE?

BrerGnat
11-12-2014, 10:19 AM
it will still be like booking through Disney? meaning I will still get the extra hours and be able to book FP's? just want to make sure before I book something. Also if I use Magical Journeys will this allow me to book FP's as well? Does the reservation show up on the MDE?

Yes and yes. And yes and yes. You will get a reservation number which you can then put into MDE to make your reservations.

minnie04
11-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Thank you, Thank you & Thank you..lol Im going to book now... :mickey::thumbsup:

ransam
11-13-2014, 02:15 AM
have a great trip