PDA

View Full Version : Phase Two - Disney Fantasy Cruise Day Four

faline
11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Sunday, October 26, 2014

I slept really well and we do not get out of bed until after 8 in he morning. Today will be entirely at sea. Once we are ready, we go in search of breakfast. Royal Court has already stopped serving so we head for Enchanted Garden. Gene gets the scrambled eggs from the buffet line but I ask our server for eggs over easy. Wish granted.

After breakfast, we join a walking ship tour. It is not what we expected it might be and we drop out before it is finished. We take a peek at the fitness room and the spa. After exploring the ship further and getting the lay of the land, we return to our room and order room service - sandwiches with chips along with a cheese and cracker plate and cookies. We eat the sandwiches and put the other items aside for later consumption.

Today, there is a matinee show of Aladdin so we head to the theater to watch this. It is nicely done with some pretty cool special effects. We return to our room and hang out on our verandah for a bit. We eat our cheese and crackers which is a nice snack.

Dress tonight is formal and we dress accordingly. We head to the main lobby where we get on line to have our picture taken with the Commodore. From there, we get in a rather long line to have our picture taken on the grand staircase. In fact, the line is so long we end up being 15 minutes late for our 8:15 dinner seating. While we are waiting for our pictures to be taken, crew are circulating through the throngs of people in line serving up complimentary glasses of Chardonnay and beer. I have a glass of wine while Gene has a beer. A nice person in line behind us also takes our picture for us on the stairs with my cell phone.

After pictures, we rush off to Enchanted Garden which is our assigned restaurant for this evening. We end up being the only folks at our table this evening. We knew that two of the other couples had alternate dining plans this evening but, apparently everyone did. That's ok. We have a lovely dinner for two at a rather large table. I have the Nutty Chocolate specialty
Cocktail - so good I actually have two. I think Gene had he other cocktail offering called Golden Leafs. Mine was vanilla vodka, Creme de cacao white, bailey's, galliano, and vanilla mix. The other was rum, pomegranate, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and soda water. Bread is multi grain and county current rolls with chickpea-garlic purée. For appetizer, I have the North Atlantic lobster ravioli while I think Gene had the applewood smoked bacon wild mushroom tart. Soup was cream of green asparagus with crabmeat and asparagus tips. I had the pan seared sea bass while gene selected Carmalized sea scallops. Dessert was Sacher torte with apricot sauce. So much food.

I think we may have gone for a walk after dinner before going back to our verandah to end our evening. Very relaxed!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Wow, dinner sounds amazing. Glad you had a nice day

Mickey'sGirl
11-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't doubt that you needed a bit of lie in this morning!! You must have been pooped from Day 1!

I think the menu at the Enchanted Garden sounds the best, and you guys sure ordered well!! Glad to hear there is Sacher Torte (one of my very favourite foods in the world!!)

It sounds like you are making very good use of your verandah. Did you need a sweater or anything out there in the evening?

faline
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
It sounds like you are making very good use of your verandah. Did you need a sweater or anything out there in the evening?

No. Evenings were quite warm and the verandahs are typically well protected from the wind so, unless you are standing right at the railing (which can be windy and a bit chilly), sitting back a bit usually provides enough of a buffer to make it quite comfortable.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-11-2014, 02:43 PM
What a great day! It sounds like crazy crowds for the pictures though :photo:!

KylesMom
11-18-2014, 10:46 AM
After pictures, we rush off to Enchanted Garden which is our assigned restaurant for this evening. We end up being the only folks at our table this evening. We knew that two of the other couples had alternate dining plans this evening but, apparently everyone did. That's ok. We have a lovely dinner for two at a rather large table. I think for the formal dinner I would very much like an intimate evening with my spouse . . . it sounds like a very nice evening together! :mickey: