PDA

View Full Version : F&W and MNSSHP trip reviews-Day 5 Animal Kingdom and Epcot November 2

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Cast-
Amy (me) age 44 celebrating upcoming 45th birthday
Patty (mom)-age 67-

I will do separate resort and Disney dining reviews later.

We head over to AK to do the Festival of the Lion King-I can't believe when we get out how thick the crowds are now-they are worse than Christmas break and after we do the Safari and Tough to Be a Bug I am ready to get out of here....we go back to the resort and walk over to Epcot to eat Nachos for lunch in Mexico. We visit the three countries we missed a couple of days ago and decide to go back to the resort until dinner time. We have another rest and then get ready for our Narcossee dinner. I plan and hour and a half travel time, for a bus to MK and then monorail to the GF. After 25 minutes, we've seen three AK busses and three DTD busses so I call the front desk and they promise to call Fleet management. Another 30 minutes and still no MK bus. Another family waiting with us has ressies at California Grill and they go complain. Management calls a cab that's supposed to drop them at the Contemporary and us at the GF...they forget to give the cabbie a second voucher for GF so we end up taking the monorail to GF and get to our ressie with 10 minutes to spare only to have to wait 55 minutes past our ressie because people aren't wanting to leave their tables because its cold outside. I will post more on this in my dining reviews....After dinner we are so tired I call a cab and redo our early FP+ for the next morning. To bed to dream of our last full MK day.

faline
11-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Not a way to have a nice, relaxed dinner!! So sorry!! (I do find that Narcoosee's often has fairly long waits regardless of the outside weather!!)

It really was chilly that weekend - we were at Universal and know that Orlando set record lows the evening of the 1st into the 2nd!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Oh ick! It can be so frustrating when the bus you need just doesn't come.

I'm glad they got you the taxi, but a trip right to the GF would have been nicer!

KylesMom
11-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Amy, this just does not sound like a very enjoyable day. You planned well for it, but between the crowds at AK and the ridiculously long wait for Disney transport to Narcoosee's, I can imagine that dinner was a mixed bag. I hope that tomorrow's Magic Kingdom visit is a lovely one to make up for today. And I hope that the weather is nicer!!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Amy, this just does not sound like a very enjoyable day. You planned well for it, but between the crowds at AK and the ridiculously long wait for Disney transport to Narcoosee's, I can imagine that dinner was a mixed bag. I hope that tomorrow's Magic Kingdom visit is a lovely one to make up for today. And I hope that the weather is nicer!!!!!

Yes, I will elaborate when I get around to the dining reviews but the management did try to fix things....we were just so tired

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Not a fun way to spend an evening. We try yo use our car when traveling to other resorts for dinner. It helps reduce a bit of the stress of making it on time. However, you gave yourself plenty of time and there really is no excuse for having to wait that long for a bus.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Not a fun way to spend an evening. We try yo use our car when traveling to other resorts for dinner. It helps reduce a bit of the stress of making it on time. However, you gave yourself plenty of time and there really is no excuse for having to wait that long for a bus.

I had debated taking a cab but mom didn't want me to spend the money, however we were so tired after that I got us one anyway:blush:

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
I had debated taking a cab but mom didn't want me to spend the money, however we were so tired after that I got us one anyway:blush:

We did that once after dinner at Boma. We were so tired that the thought of taking multiple buses to get back to WL was unbearable. So we too took a cab.