PDA

View Full Version : F&W and MNSSHP trip report-Day One October 29

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Cast-
Amy (me) age 44 celebrating upcoming 45th birthday
Patty (mom)-age 67-

I will do separate resort and Disney dining reviews later.

We get an early start at 330 am we head off to drive to WDW. I've always wanted to eat at Steak and Shake so about 8 hours into the trip we stop at Lake City for lunch. I have the patty melt and mom has the burger we both get Strawberry shakes which are delicious and we are back on the road.

We get to the Yacht Club around 230 and our room is already ready, so after unloading the car and freshening up we decide to head over to Epcot for a couple of F&W samples and to pick up a bottle of wine for the room. Just to let everyone know, they won't let you take the wine out even if you are going back to your resort so we are told our wine will be at the International Gateway in 3 hours. We decide to share the Escargot tart and Gratin from France and then we head back to the room to unpack before doing our traditional first night trip to DTD. I pick up some bath bombs from Basin (Faline-Linda's reports got me to try them) and then we go to the Christmas store where I select an ornament with the year for my collection and an adorable kermie and Ms Piggy ornament. Mom is outraged at how much the ornaments are now and refuses to buy one. We then head over to Earl of Sandwich for dinner-the Original for me and Pepper Steak for mom. I select potato salad for my side and mom gets the oatmeal raisin cookie. We then head over to the World of Disney and I buy my year mug-another of my collections before we head back to the Yacht for baths and bed. After picking up our wine, I return to the room and try the orange bath bomb and it smells wonderful. We get in bed kind of early as tomorrow is a full day at MK.

faline
11-09-2014, 07:20 PM
You're making me wish for a jetted tub and a bath bomb!!

I think the ornament prices are getting out of hand as well and didn't buy any due to that!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
I ended up buying more bath bombs for a friend, they smell so good

KylesMom
11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Amy, I am glad you had a safe drive down and that you were able to make it to both Epcot and DTD! How lovely that you are so close to Epcot that you can just go to France to get a snack and head back to the room!!! :cloud9:

Interesting about the wine, as I have never bought a bottle in a park - but it makes sense I guess.

Looking forward to the next installment! :mickey:

cer
11-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I agree. The ornaments are waaaay overpriced.

Love, Love, Love Earl of Sandwich.

My favorite is the Holiday Sandwich!

Great first day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Amy, I am glad you had a safe drive down and that you were able to make it to both Epcot and DTD! How lovely that you are so close to Epcot that you can just go to France to get a snack and head back to the room!!! :cloud9:

Interesting about the wine, as I have never bought a bottle in a park - but it makes sense I guess.

Looking forward to the next installment! :mickey:

The location was awesome, love being able to pop over for a snack or a meal

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 12:03 PM
I agree. The ornaments are waaaay overpriced.

Love, Love, Love Earl of Sandwich.

My favorite is the Holiday Sandwich!

Great first day!

Most of the ornaments were between $17-$18, some even more. Its getting out of hand definitely. I loved Earl too.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Awesome start to your trip! I have been looking forward to reading about it.

I agree the ornament prices are getting out of hand, yet I still buy them. I suppose that makes me part of the problem! :blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Awesome start to your trip! I have been looking forward to reading about it.

I agree the ornament prices are getting out of hand, yet I still buy them. I suppose that makes me part of the problem! :blush:

Yes, I ended up buying three total, a year ornament, Kermie and Miss Piggy and Merida. That was over $50 in ornaments:(

princessgirls
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Lovely first day!!!

Julie:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
11-16-2014, 01:02 AM
Sounds like you are off to a great start!

vizsla
11-16-2014, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

NJGIRL
11-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you got off to a good start. :mickey:

emerzmom
01-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Interesting...I have purchased wine at Epcot and brought it back to my resort with no issues. Is this a new rule?
I have to chime in on agreeing that the ornaments have become way overpriced. Too bad.
Thanks for sharing your trip!
:tink:
Julie