PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review - Ohana

merciantinkerbell
11-09-2014, 01:48 PM
So here's a few thoughts on our dining experiences on our trip.
Ohana Breakfast - This was on our first morning. we caught the bus at around 7 and mentioned to driver where we going and he said to stay on board when reached the Magic Kingdom and he'll take us straight there! Didn't expect that. We offered a tip when we reached the Poly for going out of his way but he refused it. Breakfast was very good with the addition of Stitch waffles along with Mickey ones!! :stitch2: The Photopass people took about a dozen photos of us with Stitch and Stitch drew me a heart in the air as I had on a Stitch t shirt and my Stitch purse was on the table. I gave him a big hug.
Ohana Dinner - This was on a busy Saturday night and although the food was good and plentiful we felt rushed, as if they wanted us in and out as quick as possible. This marred the experience as we prefer to take our time over dinner. On the whole we would do breakfast again as didn't feel rushed there but not dinner.

SBETigg
11-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately, the popularity of 'Ohana for dinner does tend to make them want to move guests along. But we always enjoy it anyway. The addition of the Stitch waffles for breakfast looks fun, though. I love the waffles.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the review...love Ohana

ransam
11-09-2014, 06:04 PM
ohana is the only restaurant we do every trip. I have never felt rushed, but then again, I do love the food and atmosphere, I can see what you're saying.

ThanxForNoticin
11-20-2014, 12:29 PM
We are huge fans of 'OHana.... would recommend it to anyone, anytime. But I must say, the last 3-4 times we've had dinner there (and it's still been a regular stop for us just about every trip), we've found ourselves leaving the restaurant a bit disappointed. The service always was the best - and we've not seen that as much. We ate there a couple weeks ago, and the service was actually poor.... And they continue to change the menu, and they tend to take away some of our favorites! We're still not over them removing the au gratin potatoes!! But that's our problem now! But I didn't realize they took away the awesome salad - something we always looked forward to. The meats keep changing and are more limited, too.

For the first time in a long time, we are specifically skipping 'OHana our next trip in the spring. I didn't think we would EVER do that - but the with the prices going up and the quality going down (in our opinion - not everyone's), we just don't see it as the amazing experience it used to be.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-20-2014, 01:59 PM
We are huge fans of 'OHana.... would recommend it to anyone, anytime. But I must say, the last 3-4 times we've had dinner there (and it's still been a regular stop for us just about every trip), we've found ourselves leaving the restaurant a bit disappointed. The service always was the best - and we've not seen that as much. We ate there a couple weeks ago, and the service was actually poor.... And they continue to change the menu, and they tend to take away some of our favorites! We're still not over them removing the au gratin potatoes!! But that's our problem now! But I didn't realize they took away the awesome salad - something we always looked forward to. The meats keep changing and are more limited, too.

For the first time in a long time, we are specifically skipping 'OHana our next trip in the spring. I didn't think we would EVER do that - but the with the prices going up and the quality going down (in our opinion - not everyone's), we just don't see it as the amazing experience it used to be.

We did notice the bread pudding wasn't up to par for us on our last visit