PDA

View Full Version : DAS and Fastpass

merciantinkerbell
11-05-2014, 08:03 AM
We got a DAS for hubby with no problem at all in MK ( he has issues other than mobility). When we said what needed, CM straight away said "no problem, I just need to take a photo". The card and CM did say "not a front of line pass" which we knew and wasn't looking for. We're quite happy to wait, just elsewhere for certain things.
I had booked some Fastpasses in advance for some things such as Soarin, 7 Dwarves etc and used with DAS and some planning worked very well for us.
What we did notice was a definite reduction in rented wheelchairs and ECV's in the parks which made us wonder if people were renting before just to skip lines. Even though seemed busier than on our previous trip, both stand-by and Fastpass lines were pretty short - less than 50 minutes except Anna and Elsa and 7 Dwarves

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm so glad it worked out well!

WDWdriver
11-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the report. I'm glad the DAS worked well for you and your hubby.

savafan
11-11-2014, 12:08 AM
We got the DAS card for my son who has severe ADHD and will have extreme melt downs when waiting in line, but never once did we have to use the card during our trip last week. Utilizing FP+ and my Disney Experience app, we never had a wait longer than 20 minutes for anything, and got to ride all of the major rides.

However, I felt as though I had less time for shopping and spent less money than normal due to scheduling with FP+, which was counter productive to what I wanted, and I'm sure not what Disney anticipated.