PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Corrals & starting times

whymsycalwitch
11-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know what time Corral P started last year at the marathon? Since the times in between each corral varied, I was hoping someone that was there might know.

Melanie
11-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Since the first corral starts at 5:30, I'm thinking the last (P) was around 6:15 or so.

whymsycalwitch
11-04-2014, 11:06 AM
For the half, to me, it seemed like the first corrals were closer together. Three or so minutes apart but as they got further back it was more like five or six minutes. I know there are more people in the corrals the further back you go so it takes more time to get everyone across. I'm trying to give my family an idea of what time I might finish. I have no idea how long it's going to take me. It's my first full and it's at Disney, so the time may balance out.

dnickels
11-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm trying to give my family an idea of what time I might finish. I have no idea how long it's going to take me. It's my first full and it's at Disney, so the time may balance out.

The runner tracking that they offer is really helpful for this. It's not always perfect, but it's been pretty darn good for people tracking me and when I'm tracking friends. Run Disney usually puts up a link to sign up for runner tracking text alerts about a week before the race. The alerts then come in showing pace at different markers (say 5 miles, 10 miles, etc) and include an estimated finish time. Very helpful so you don't have to be watching the finish line for an hour straight hoping to catch your runner coming through.

rj
11-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I was in P last year and did not start until 6:36. It took over an hour after the elites took off before we took off.