PDA

View Full Version : Crockpot recipes

Tiggerlovr9000
11-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Just bought a new crockpot and looking for some new recipes? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kenny1113
11-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I was just talking to my mom about her using her , I would love to hear some for her as well.

I usually just make soup in mine. Vegetable (just pretty much throw a bunch of veggies and v8) and a bean soup after Christmas with the honey baked ham bone.

PirateLover
11-03-2014, 09:48 PM
My favorite crock pot meal is a whole chicken. It always comes out so tender and juicy. Just put some chicken stock and onions in the broth, and smother the thing in herbs and spices (and be sure to get under the skin). I typically use a whole host of spices- garlic powder, oregano, sage, rosemary, cayenne pepper, thyme, ground black pepper, salt etc. Just mix it all together and start slathering it on. Cook it on high and it's usually done in 5-6 hours max. You'll see it start to split apart in the pot. The biggest trick to the crock pot is DON'T OPEN THE LID! Resist the urge to check in. Open it when you think it's done. If you have Pinterest there are so many links on there for recipes. Of course you can use good old fashioned Google as well :)
Happy slow cooking!

vicster
11-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Recipe: Three Envelope Picante Roast

Prep time: 5 min |Inactive time: 8 hours | Yield: About 6 servings

Ingredients
•3 to 5 pound beef chuck roast (or other braising roast)
•1 cup of water
•One envelope of dry onion soup mix
•One envelope of dry Italian dressing mix
•One envelope of dry brown gravy mix
•1 (8 ounce) jar of Pace Original Mild Picante Sauce
Instructions

Whisk together the water with ingredients from all 3 of the envelopes. Pour about 1/4 cup of the liquid on the bottom of the crockpot, place the roast on top. Don't be tempted to season the roast. There is plenty of salt and other seasonings in these envelopes.

Pour the remaining liquid mixture all over the top and all around the roast. Pour the jar of picante sauce on top of the roast, cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high 4 to 5 hours.

To thicken gravy, remove the roast and tent with foil to keep warm. Carefully transfer the contents of the crockpot to a saucepan and stir in a slurry of one tablespoon of cornstarch with just enough water to loosen. Stir into the sauce, bring up to a boil, reduce and simmer until thickened.

Love this recipe - pot roast is so tender and juicy. Enjoy!

TheDuckRocks
11-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Keep them coming. I have found the best ones lately from people posting on Facebook.

PirateLover
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM
I just made some delicious pulled pork in the slow cooker yesterday with a pretty simple recipe.
First, you need a pork butt/shoulder (called different things depending on region and distributor). DH works at Wegmans. We use a lot of their store-brand products and buy organic when we can.

-Score the pork in a checkerboard pattern on one side.
-Cover in basting oil (Wegmans brand includes Grapeseed Oil, Canola Oil, Dried Thyme, Dried Parsley, Natural Garlic Flavor)
-Coat in Brown Sugar, BBQ dry rub, and salt to taste
-Pour a layer of preferred BBQ sauce on bottom of crock, then place meat and pour remainder of bottle over top. Depending on how much meat you have, you may need 1 1/2-2 bottles.
-Cook on low for about 6 hours
-Shred pork
-Cook shredded pork on high for an additional 30-45 mins.

You can also coat and marinate the pork overnight, but I just decided yesterday morning to make this so I did not do that. It still came out so tender and delicious. We made sandwiches with fresh bakery rolls and sharp provolone. :eat:

JanetMegan
11-06-2014, 10:25 AM
We love drip beef sandwiches...

1 Pot Roast
4 TBS Italian Seasoning
1/2 jar pepperocinis plus 1/2 jar juice
2-3 cans of beef broth or connsomme

Cook, shred, put on buns, use juice for dipping ;)

princessgirls
11-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Easy Pot Roast!!!

Bottom Round Roast
Package of Pot Roast Seasonings (mix with cup of water first)
Lipton Onion Soup on top of the roast.
Cut of fresh carrots
Cut up potatoes

Your meal is ready and delicious when you come home!
Julie:mickey:

DizneyRox
11-06-2014, 11:57 AM
We make the 50's Prime Time pot roast in the crackpot instead of the recipe cooking directions. We do brown it on the stove top. . Always good, and easy...

TheVBs
11-07-2014, 07:13 AM
DH does chilli in our slow cooker. He doesn't have an official recipe for it, but any chilli recipe will do.

Skippy
11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
My wife makes Anne's Chicken with some minor mods. Dropped the wine, changed cream of mushroom to cream of celery.

Kids and i love it, and there's usually just enough for lunch the next day.

3 lbs chicken pieces
salt and pepper
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sherry wine
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
Directions:

Wash chicken and pat dry.
Brush with butter.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place in crock pot.
Sprinkle with dry salad mix.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan.
Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken in pot.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low.
Serve with sauce.