PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - November 29-Dec 15, 2014

Strmchsr
11-01-2014, 01:21 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Saturday pm, November 29, 2014
Today has been near perfect with the high hitting 70. I'm off to WDW tomorrow and it looks like some good weather ahead. In the upper atmosphere, we have a nearly zonal flow in place with the main storm track displaced well north for this time of year. This will keep WDW in generally good weather for the week ahead with temperatures slightly warmer than we usually see for late November. Tomorrow's high should be 75 then 75-77 for Monday through Saturday with clear skies and only a very minimal chance of a brief pop up shower. Right now it looks like any rain that did pop up would be more along the coast.

Long range...Dec 7-15 looks pretty dry a couple of fronts try to push southward, and still may since this is voodooland, but for now it looks like they'll wash out before getting to Orlando. Temps for Dec 7-11 will be near 80, then closer to 70 for Dec 12-15. The idea on the table of the really cold air that we saw yesterday is gone today. But, again, take everything in voodooland with a grain of salt because it'll all change again. Especially this time of the year.

Travel Issues:drive:
No major issues for the next couple of days.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
The season is over as far as I can tell.

Ms. Mode
11-01-2014, 07:08 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks for the update, we arrive tomorrow evening....I'm packing warmer clothes.

WDWFanatic
11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Loving the long range! I know it's voodooland but I'll take it!

missastrocat
11-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Loving the long range! I know it's voodooland but I'll take it!

Me too! I hope this trend continues for mid-November!

WDWCP Spring99
11-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm loving the long range too!
We will be there the 11th-19th!

Thanks for doing this Chris!

:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-04-2014, 02:14 PM
It's my pleasure to provide the service. I hope y'all have a great trip!

LandFan
11-05-2014, 07:36 AM
You just hit the first day of our trip in your long range forecast! YAYYYYYY! 11/20 here we come! (and I like the dry forecast too - we have MVMCP on the 20th)

DisneyBarb
11-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Looks like perfect Disney weather for our trip Nov 13 - 17th, thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Mitzie
11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Wow Chris! I live in Northern Indiana and Mother Nature is not playing very nice. I still have Post Traumatic Stress from last winter. :(

Strmchsr
11-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Wow Chris! I live in Northern Indiana and Mother Nature is not playing very nice. I still have Post Traumatic Stress from last winter. :(

This bomb coming down on y'all is the result of a former super-typhoon from the Pacific. It's definitely going to be a frigid few days for you. However, extra cold now means nothing in terms of what the overall winter will be like.

LandFan
11-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Yay! So far only 1 day of rain mentioned for our trip - the 25th!! We leave Thursday morning early - can't wait!!

princessgirls
11-17-2014, 11:40 AM
The weather is looking good and a lot warmer than NJ for our Nov. 20-26th trip!!1

Julie:mickey:

Hammer
11-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Chris, I was going to complain about the highs only being in the 70's, but as the highs in NJ for Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be about 35 degrees with 15-20 mph winds which will make it feel like it is in the teens :freeze: ; I will be just fine with temps in the 70's for my trip to D23 Destination Rewind!

lawgirl
11-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Oh man! I really hope that Dec 11th clears up. It rained our whole MNSSHP, and I don't want rain for our MVMCP! I was hoping for upper 70's and sunshine for Dec 9-14. Still voodooland, right?! {It's going to clear up, right?!}

Strmchsr
11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Still voodooland, right?! {It's going to clear up, right?!}

Voodooland changes on almost every model run so definitely no need to worry right now.