PDA

View Full Version : TTC from VWL

jvcoco
10-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if there is a walkway between the Wilderness Lodge and the Ticket and Transportation Center? If you look on Google Earth there appears to be a roadway that I assume is for buses, but it looks like an easy stroll if that's not 'verbotten'.

vicster
10-28-2014, 02:40 PM
No, there isn't. There's a path to Ft Wilderness if that's what you're seeing.

KylesMom
10-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT, jvcoco! :mickey:

jvcoco
10-29-2014, 10:04 AM
The one to FW is on the other side of the resort. The one I'm looking at goes west from the parking lot and ends up at the bus bays at the TTC.

KylesMom
10-29-2014, 10:22 AM
That is one very busy roadway which links the WL property to Seven Seas Drive where the TTC is located.

It is hard enough to cross the intersection at Timberline and World Drive in a car with a stoplight, let alone crossing the many lanes of traffic on foot. There is no walkway, and there are no "Walk/Do Not Walk traffic signals.

I would never consider attempting it.

I do see the "Wilderness Road" you are describing above - but that is not a guest area.

Susan A
10-29-2014, 10:30 AM
This does bring up an interesting point. Outside of the resorts and the parks, Disney roads are not pedestrian friendly.

We stayed at WL. An option is to take a resort boat to the contemporary. Then take the monorail. The next stop is the TTC.
:mickey:

Susan A
10-29-2014, 10:35 AM
But what you say is true, geographically, it is more direct to walk there.

Janmac
10-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know if there is a walkway between the Wilderness Lodge and the Ticket and Transportation Center?
<snip>

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to go to the TTC?

Jan

jvcoco
10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
WL is our home resort and we've been there several times in different sized groups...but have run into bus delays to get to Epcot from there. TTC after an short walk looked like a good way to take the Epcot Monorail.

Janmac
10-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I hear you. One stay, someone wanted a monorail trip a LOT, so we took the boat to MK, then switched monorails at TTC and wow, by the time we got on the ground at Epcot it had been over an hour. That was enough monorail for that trip; no one cared about monorail. Last we were at WL some of the bus trips took us to Fort Wilderness first, before the park.

You could wait for either an Epcot bus or a DHS bus, whichever came first. The pretty walk from the Studios past and around the Boardwalk to the back door of Epcot isn't long at all. Especially if your normal speed is faster than my 2 mph crawl. :blush:

And you might not feel as tho you're getting nowhere fast.

Jan