Title says it all.

Please help

DizneyRox
10-28-2014, 06:05 AM
Nuff said...

Strmchsr
10-28-2014, 07:58 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

They have cut back on a lot of the offerings at MVMCP and raised prices so you're basically paying a bunch of money for a parade (which is really neat) and a Holiday version of Wishes, which is okay, but not nearly as good as HalloWishes with the MNSSHP. So, I'm in the "leave it" for the price point now. When they capped the number of people they let in at a much lower level and the price wasn't ridiculous it was worth it. Not any longer.

4disneynuts
10-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Im going to agree and say "leave it." We went once and were not impressed. The best part was the parade and special fireworks. There is nothing else going on except some cookies and hot cocoa.

If you want to attend a party go to the MNSSHP instead. You get so much more for your money. Personally I would not waste the money going to the Christmas Party again.

VacationDisney
10-28-2014, 02:07 PM
If you have never been before I say go for it. The parade is like nothing else you'll ever see. We went a few years ago and it was amazing.

We had a blast riding the rides that we did not get to do during daylight hours and it was fun getting the cookies and hot chocolate on a cool Florida December night:number1:

DisneyBarb
10-28-2014, 05:58 PM
If you have that be a non park day and go to the party at night, that way you don't need have a park pass for the day, just the cost of the party which is cheaper then a day at the park most likely. Otherwise I don't think its worth paying on top of a park day.

AgentC
10-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Sadly I am in the leave it category as well. We had a good time when we went but as a passholder I did not feel the extra cost was worth it. You can see the fireworks from other places on the property so essentially you are paying for a parade and hot chocolate.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Take it - at least once to experience it.

tjstrike
10-28-2014, 11:08 PM
I think DisneyBarb said it best in that, if you don't have a ticket for that day it's probably worth the money, but I also think everybody should try it once to make their own decision.

BrerGnat
10-29-2014, 08:05 AM
Leave it, but I have seen the parade at Disneyland tons of times. Over there, there is no hard ticket Christmas party so they do the special parade and fireworks nightly for everyone to see. NO parade/fireworks is worth what they charge for that party, and there aren't enough "extras" to justify the price, IMO.

LandFan
10-29-2014, 09:53 AM
I personally really like it. I find that there is nothing quite as cool as sitting on the curb on main street watching the snow come down and the Christmas parade go by. It is my single most favorite thing to do - it just moves me. I'm more of a Christmas girl than a Halloween girl.

I also love the shorter lines for rides - it takes the pressure off of other days in terms of getting on certain rides multiple times.

Holiday Wishes is also really beautiful. The whole evening is nice.

That being said I do understand what several people have said about it getting more crowded (we try to pick a Tuesday or a Thursday night as they can be less crowded) and buy the tickets early for the discount.

I do miss the show they used to have in the Galaxy theatre with the reindeer and mickey and minnie though.

They do have sugar free cookies and hot cocoa if you ask (just an FYI for those that might want them).

princessgirls
10-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Just had this very conversation with my teen daughters ages 13 and 14 on the way to school this morning.

It went down like this:
Mom, why aren't we doing the Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom...we never do them.

Me: We are 4 adults...that's almost a $300 extra for a Christmas Parade and Holiday Wishes, oh but you girls don't ever watch the parade or fireworks, so that's a lot of extra money for hot coco and a sugar cookie. I went for park hoppers, let's be thankful!
Girls: $300 for a party in the Magic Kingdom. That is a lot.
Me: Now you are understanding my point!
Julie:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-29-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm just wondering if they are going to try jack everyone for a hard ticket event on top of a hard ticket event like they did for MNSSHP.

Having done it twice, with just the DW, I had thought of doing it now that we have 3 kids. The cost was enough for me to abandon that quite quickly. If money isn't a factor, then what the heck, go for it, But if you are trying to justify value, I just don't see it, not for a parade, some cookies and maybe a stage show or two.

I don't think anyone is saying its not a nice event, just that most people can no longer justify the cost to what value you are getting.

SteveO
11-01-2014, 12:28 PM
My history:

My first and only MVMCP was 6 years ago. I always seem to arrive in Orlando around 2:30 so I hate burning a full day ticket for the first day. Going to the party seemed like a good idea for the first night at the World. After my first MVMCP, I said "never again" mostly due to the volume of people there. It was nuts. I some how had it in my head that there would be a "quaint" little crowd. No. Wall to wall. I did like the shows and the parade and the snow and all of that but yikes there were a lot of people. However, the ride lines were shorter than usual and the ambiance of the park is outstanding. I did enjoy most of the evening

6 years later, I'm getting into Orlando around 2:30. I bought a ticket for the party on 12/9. Go figure.

I think it's worth the money for the party but not on top of a full day ticket like someone else already said. I sure hope there are not a lot of people at MY party this year........

Strmchsr
11-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm just wondering if they are going to try jack everyone for a hard ticket event on top of a hard ticket event like they did for MNSSHP

I will say this - the Villain's Soiree was totally worth the extra. I was skeptical, but my family loved it. Yes, it was hard ticket on top of hard ticket, but it was a really unique experience and totally worth it. Now the thing they have with Frozen and the Osborne Lights, doesn't sound even close to worth it, but the Villain's Soiree totally was.

I sure hope there are not a lot of people at MY party this year........

Unfortunately, if this year's MNSSHP and previous years' MVMCP are an indication, expect a repeat of the last time you went in terms of crowds.

ransam
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I did it once, and liked it....did it a second time and I didn't like it that much.

however I loved the Halloween party.

gottaluvtink
11-05-2014, 09:26 AM
My daughter and I have done every other event in DW. We are going to try this one out on November 20. I'll have to give my input when I return. I must admit though, I am SUPER EXCITED to try it out! :mickey:

NJGIRL
11-05-2014, 09:09 PM
We have gone to the Halloween Party many times and have enjoyed it, but never to the Christmas Party. I have friends that have gone to both and say the Christmas party is not worth the price.

minnie04
11-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Take it :thumbsup: at least once we always used to like going because the crowds were smaller and the park looks so beautiful during Xmas time. Now we are pass holders and I don't see the need to pay the extra for it, but I still would go if we didn't invest in AP's the atmosphere is awesome and if you happen to catch a cold night it makes it so much better :cloud9: :mickey:

DaisylovesDonald
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I am also more of a Christmas person than a Halloween person and actually prefer the Christmas party. For me, the party really kicks in my holiday spirit. :santa3:

I too love just sitting on Main Street and watching the snow, while the Christmas music plays in the background. It's actually quite beautiful with the castle lit up, sipping on cocoa. Might be my most favorite place on earth! :tree:

I also prefer the fireworks for the Christmas party because of the music! I find myself singing along (and shoulder dancing/toy soldier marching) with all of the carols. :deer:

Seeing Mickey all dressed up in his holiday attire and getting our picture with him makes for a great card to send out for the holidays. We always dress in red and green with Mickey Santa hats, makes it that much more festive. :santa:

It all depends on what you are looking to get out of the night. If you are on a budget, and just want low crowds and shorter wait times, with a little holiday jazz thrown in, it's probably not going to be a good value. The Christmas spirit that kicks in for me is priceless, so I definitely think its worth it. :santa2:

TheVBs
11-07-2014, 07:09 AM
We did it once and enjoyed it. If we never do it again though, I wouldn't be heartbroken. I agree that I think it's worth doing at least once, and definitely on a non-park ticket day. When we did it we were stopping in WDW for just a couple of days on our way down to see family. That was a perfect Disney fix, and I would probably do that again if the opportunity comes up. It was crowded. I remember the hot chocolate/cookie lines were insane so we passed on that. None of us wanted hot chocolate or a cookie that badly! The rides were walk ons and we really enjoyed the parade and fireworks.

LandFan
11-10-2014, 08:20 AM
My daughter and I have done every other event in DW. We are going to try this one out on November 20. I'll have to give my input when I return. I must admit though, I am SUPER EXCITED to try it out! :mickey:

We'll be there the same night!:thumbsup: