PDA

View Full Version : great weekend

minnie04
10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Just got back last night and it was a great time. I know I said in another post that my DH takes his sweet time and YES he did..lol we ended up leaving at 11:30am instead of 6:30am like I wanted to, but I wasn’t going to stress it. I just went with it. He has the patients of a saint and really goes along with everything we want to do all day and night in the parks, so I really can't complain. I just like getting there early it makes me feel like we are staying longer. Anyway when we got there our room was ready and waiting. We unpacked and headed to Epcot. It was a beautiful night to be at the park. We rode all our rides and walked around. Great night!! We ended up taking the AOA bus back so we could show DH the grounds (my DS loves AOA) so we ate there and walked some more. Awesome weather to walk and since we aren’t in a rush for anything anymore I just love seeing things I have skipped over the years of rushing to get to parks with little ones. It was nice just taking our time to see all the grounds. We slept in Sat. since I didn't have FP till later in the day. We hit the Outlet mall did some shopping had lunch and by then it was time to hit the MK love this time of year. The park looks so nice for Halloween/Fall. When we got there we did Thunder Mt. We had a while between FP's so we headed to The Contemporary for dinner and to walk around. Then back to the park where we met up with my Niece & her boyfriend. It was great since we had extra magic hours the park cleared out around 12:30 and they got to ride and ride. Sunday we headed to MGM (always) to see Lights, motor, action great show. Then off to lunch. Finally it was time for Toy story Mania..lol got that done and headed home. Long ride this time lots of traffic, but all in all a great weekend... “Next time WE are leaving early promise”. That’s what he said so will see. Next trip planning starting now. Oh the only down fall of this weekend were the beds at POP they are really bad. I know people say that all the time and I thought it's just two nights no big deal, but they were super uncomfortable. And I guess you can throw in the toilets flushing above and around you at 7:00 in the morning..lol But whatever it was nice and clean so it will do. OH and last, last the people and cast members. The cast members were so nice this time (they always are in my book) shout out to April at Thunder Mountain for hooking us up every time with the back row. She saw us come in like three times and would pass us right to the back no questions asked.. lol by the end of the night like the 4 or 5 ride she just smiled and pointed to the back… Thanks April!!! My son loved it.. THANKS to all the cast members who we dealt with they were super nice and helpful.. Oh and the cast member at Big Top for going out of her way to find me a plush baby Mickey. Again super nice and helpful printed out a card with all the information on how to find the plush all the stores were sold out. She could have just said “sorry we are out”, but went out of her way to help me find the last 13 at Coronado Springs…lol great trip!! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Glad you had such a wonderful weekend - with that little exception of getting out of the house on time!

Isn't it nice to take the time to smell the roses? So many wonderful things to see when you are at Disney World.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

minnie04
10-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Isn't it nice to take the time to smell the roses? So many wonderful things to see when you are at Disney World.

:mickey:

Yes I plan to do that more and more. It was so nice taking slow walks and enjoying all the wonders of the resort and even the parks at a slower pace.. :cloud9:

VWL Mom
10-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a great weekend! You'll have to let me in on how your got your DH to come over to the "dark" side :secret:

faline
11-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Lovely weekend! It's great when you don't feel pressured to rush from point a to point b and can can, instead deviate where and when you feel like it!!