PDA

View Full Version : Adding A Person

RedSoxFan
10-26-2014, 05:53 PM
If you have an ADR for 4 people and you have an extra guest with you; what are the chances of being able to be seated when you check in? I looked to change my ADR on line; but because it's Thanksgiving week there isn't any openings. TIA

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Going from 4 to 5 might prove to be tricky since lots of tables only seat 4. If you were going from a party of 3 to 4 I'd say your chances would be much better.

You can give it a try, but I would have a "plan B" in place incase the restaurants can't accommodate your extra guest.

Perhaps give Disney a call and see what they say. Last Thanksgiving we ended up with 2 extra guests (party of 25 instead of 23). I called Disney to explain and they told me that because we were such a large group already they would have no problems seating our extra guests. Plus 2 of our guests were 2 and under and needed highchairs so it worked out well for us. So you never know. However I still imagine it'll be harder to go from 4-5. Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-26-2014, 07:59 PM
If you're searching on-line, you can also try for an ADR for 6 ... for some reason the system doesn't like odd numbers as much as even ones (we're a family of 3, and often have to book for 4, since there was "nothing left" for a group of 3).

That aside, you might be OK, or they might be so booked that they turn the extra person away. I would keep looking online, give them a call (sometimes the CM can sort it on the phone more easily) and if not, even ask at the restaurant on the day of your ADR, so at least you're not caught at the last minute.

#1donaldfan
10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
We have never had a problem adding anyone one. We've done this several times and didn't have to wait any longer than normal. :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-29-2014, 12:10 AM
If you have an ADR for 4 people and you have an extra guest with you; what are the chances of being able to be seated when you check in? I looked to change my ADR on line; but because it's Thanksgiving week there isn't any openings. TIA

I am in the same boat as you. We have ADR's for 1900 Park Fare. My brother and sil are now coming out to FL for DD's birthday. and I have to try and make it for 4 and they are booked. UGH I feel the frustration.

Brooklynos
10-29-2014, 09:18 PM
We had to add one person to all of our adrs last November. It wasn't an issue at all surprisingly. Even at Be Our Guest. Just explained the situation and they accommodated us. Our extra person made 11 and he was military. He didn't know he would get leave until right before our trip. We felt very lucky to have such good experiences but I think they were the exception not the rule.

mydisneygirls
10-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Try calling the dining line directly. I had to do this once and it was no problem at all.