PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about MVMCP

PETE FROM NYC
10-26-2014, 04:46 PM
We have done MNSSHP three times. Now, DW wants to try Christmas next trip, going week after Thanksgiving, in 2016.
Tell me what I need to know.
TIA.

ransam
10-29-2014, 02:28 AM
It's cool...the Halloween is a lot cooler.

But the Christmas party is fun. very festive. Lots of hot chocolate and cookies. the show is very fun, and the parade is really cool. very unique...but the coolest thing is the fireworks. It is really awesome and goes all around the hub.

KylesMom
10-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Pete, you might be interested in this discussion over here:

Take It or Leave It - MVMCP (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=207141)

While I have never been to Disney during the Christmas/New Years holidays, I think I would like to do the party once. Now, MNSSHP I will definitely do again!

Katzateer
10-29-2014, 11:14 AM
We had a family tradition to go to MVMCP every Dec. with my MIL when our girls were younger. I would guess we have been to about 15. The Halloween party, maybe 3.

I like the parade and the snow on Main Street and the costumes the characters wear. Cinderella's coach and photo with her and the prince. The MK is always beautiful at night but on party nights it seems to have more of a glow.

Our tradition was a late lunch at Kona's then get to park by 4 and ride whatever we had time for. Once the party starts, Fantasyland rides were very crowded so we went to other areas of the parks, enjoying the cookies and hot chocolate along the way.

Hope you get to experience it once. I don't think the other parks are as beautiful during the holidays. Epcot doesn't decorate like they used to. The studios does a good job but MK is my favorite.

ransam
10-30-2014, 02:14 AM
If you haven't gone, go. I liked it.

MrPeetrie
10-30-2014, 07:48 AM
If you're a Christmas lover, it's a "must-do." The atmosphere is so festive; the park is decorated to the Nines!

On our last trip (2002,) waiting for the parade to start, young children were dancing around in their PJs while snow fell on Main Street. The music. The decoration. The atmosphere. The anticipation of the parade was palpable.

They have free hot cocoa and cookies. There are christmas performances at the Galaxy Theatre. It really is wonderful. The feeling overwhelms me.

Granted, I like MNSSHP better, but this is an extremely close second.