PDA

View Full Version : 12/28 &12/29 at Magic Kingdom: chances for FP+?

Rosie1970
10-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi All.

This will be our first family trip to WDW. Unfortunately, I learned late how crowded it will be around the holidays.

I was wondering how hard it will be to get the Anna and Elsa Fast pass at the 60 day mark? My daughter is excited about meeting characters, probably more so than rides, so we have several character meals planned.

I was also wondering if even the morning crowds( frompark opening to around noon) will make the standby lines for less popular attractions(such as It's a Small World) too long for a 6 year old kid?

Thanks!

conan617
10-24-2014, 01:31 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT

Prior to your 60 day mark - make sure all your tickets and family are linked in your MDE account.
On your 60 day mark - be online at 12:01 AM EST. I would recommend trying for a day as late in your trip as you can accommodate and work towards the beginning. If you don't happen to score a FP+ keep checking up to and including the day you are there. People change plans all the time.

If your family is willing to get up early and hit the parks at rope drop, you have a much greater chance of success at shorter waits than if you arrive later in the morning. Especially right after Xmas when it is expected to be very busy.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-24-2014, 03:51 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I'm sorry your first family trip is going to be at that time since it's so incredibly crowded, but don't let the crowds ruin your magic. Just realize you'll have to do what you can this trip and enjoy the magic. The character meals will be a great way to meet the characters without long lines and getting to the park at rope drop makes a big difference as the massive crowds usually don't start rolling in until close to lunch time.

As for the FP, good luck with that. It's extremely popular but all you can do is try. Remember that it will be available at midnight eastern time on your 60th day so be ready to try right at midnight.

Rosie1970
10-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the responses! I checked to make sure my tickets and resort reservations are linked.

I went to the FP+ page to check it out. I am getting paranoid--It should open up for me at the 60 day mark, right? Currently, it allows to me to book only 30 days out. Am I correct to assume that at midnight on the 60 day mark, the resort reservations that are linked in will allow me to book 60 days in advance.

Sheesh, this is about as nerve-racking as when I planned my wedding.!;)

Strmchsr
10-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Yes, it should open up for you at midnight eastern of day 60 if you're staying on-site with tickets linked. You'll be good to go!

Pirate Granny
10-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Sometimes it's easier to book one to two Elsa and Anna at a time. we had ten of us and had to book in pairs of two...but all within the same hour so we could visit together. Keep that in mind. We had no issues with the rest, granted we went in the summer time. Have a wonderful time

DDoftwo
10-27-2014, 07:25 AM
I was in the same spot you were, we are going over christmas but we did plan knowing how busy it was. This was our first experience with FP+ and I must say I am not sure what all the hullbaloo is about. Yes I was dragging at work yesterday, but It opened up right at Midnight and within 15 mis I had all of our FP's that we wanted for the whole trip. I will say my only issue is the Tiered system at Epcot and The Studio is not needed, makes no sense to me. I hope it all worked out.