PDA

View Full Version : Trip Reporting to ease the post-vacation blues

k10
10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
To ease my post-Disney depression, here is a quick summary of our 6 days of magic...

Day 1 - Early flight to get to Swan for a resort day. Lunch at The Fountain, in the Dolphin, pool time in the nice, hot sun and a stroll of the other resorts/goings on around the Boardwalk. Late night, we decided to hit Fantasmic. Got in our 1st of 3 Star Tours rides, too. A great way to start off vacation. So much fun had, we skipped dinner! Ate popcorn in the room. :mickey:

Day 2 - Epcot morning/afternoon. Hit all the big rides, including walking on Soarin' at rope drop. Awesome lunch had at Spice Road Table. The Mussels are SO good. Evening = DHS for lots of rides. Hit MK a bit later for dinner at Columbia House and Wishes. Awesome. 3 parks, 1 day. Hardcore girls!

Day 3 - MK @ rope drop and had a SHORT 40 min wait for SDMT. The line flew by and the ride was excellent. 1st time for us all. Lunch @ BOG. My 1st time. The line was longer than I'd hoped, but worth it. Stayed at the park through the Festival of Fantasy parade, then headed to Epcot, where we stayed until close. Met some characters, Soarin' FP+ used, saw Illuminations. Dinner @ San Angel in Mexico. Delish, as always.

Day 4 - rope drop for AK, hitting all the big attractions w/ no waits. Saw Cake Boss Buddy Valastro at Everest! Ha! Lots of intriguing construction happening at AK!!! Excited!!! Got through everything, including lunch, by 1. Headed back to Swan to rest/prep for: MNSSHP!!!!!!! The party was SO exciting. Decor, costumes, the cast members, the trick or treating. Excellent. We hit 2 dance parties, saw the Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes. Of course, the Haunted Mansion. Scary! But thrilling. Danced the park into closing at the Diamond Horseshoe w/ the Wicked Stepsisters and Radcliffe. :party:

Day 5 - Epcot all day, all night. Let ourselves sleep-in till 8am. Luxury!!! Put on our matching F&W shirts and hit the park for rides in Futureworld. Upon the clock striking 11am, we did F&W until about 8pm. This included getting ALL 36 passport stamps AND seeing Night Ranger perform. Hysterical. Brazil was my fav booth. The tilapia was so, so good. Had a nice early night back at the hotel enjoying recapping the events/food/drinks and just resting our feets.

Day 6 - Final day...but one of the best parts of the trip! 9am Parisian Breakfast @ Chefs de France. HOLY COW. So amazing. You walk in and are handed a mimosa. Turns out, all drinks are unlimited. The food, service and drinks = all amazing. They even gave us little gift bags w/ presents. An amazing value @ $40/pp. I will do this every time I go back during F&W. After breakfast, and many, many mimosas, we hit DHS for rides and attractions before we had to head home. Happy that we got in 1 more viewing of Indiana Jones before they shut it down. Heartbreaking. I'll miss it.

Leaving DHS, and Disney altogether, was of course tragic. Already planning my next trip in my head.

cer
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Happy that we got in 1 more viewing of Indiana Jones before they shut it down. Heartbreaking. I'll miss it.

What?... WHAT?!?!?!

Did I miss this news? They closing Indiana Jones?

k10
10-21-2014, 11:49 AM
What?... WHAT?!?!?!

Did I miss this news? They closing Indiana Jones?

It's the rumor!!! Depressing, no???

disneymom15
10-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Day 6 - Final day...but one of the best parts of the trip! 9am Parisian Breakfast @ Chefs de France. HOLY COW. So amazing. You walk in and are handed a mimosa. Turns out, all drinks are unlimited. The food, service and drinks = all amazing. They even gave us little gift bags w/ presents. An amazing value @ $40/pp. I will do this every time I go back during F&W.

Is this something new, I've never heard anything about it. What food items are on the menu. Do you make adr's..

cer
10-21-2014, 12:38 PM
It's the rumor!!! Depressing, no???

Well, not so much for me personally....:blush:

I just find it interesting that for so very long, the company has changed so very little in the parks and resorts and now with all these changes and rumors of changes it feels like a fruit basket turn-over. And THAT is what I find so surprising.

k10
10-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Is this something new, I've never heard anything about it. What food items are on the menu. Do you make adr's..

ohmygosh. it was so decadent.

we reviewed the list of F&W offerings prior to our trip. this was an event offered for $40/pp, which you call and reserve/pay in advance through Disney.

the meal was at Les Chef de France and served buffet style. offered: croissants of all sorts, breads, cheeses, meats, pastries. mimosas a plenty, coffee and delicious hot chocolate, cappuccino.

the gift was: a baggie that contained jam, a reusable shopping bag and a little cookbook. so cute!!!

k10
10-21-2014, 01:00 PM

I just find it interesting that for so very long, the company has changed so very little in the parks and resorts and now with all these changes and rumors of changes it feels like a fruit basket turn-over. And THAT is what I find so surprising.

yup. the times, they are a changin!

cer
10-21-2014, 01:28 PM
yup. the times, they are a changin!

You'd better believe it!

Scary and exciting all at once...

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2014, 02:41 PM
sounds awesome

faline
10-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Awesome trip!! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!!

princessgirls
10-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Awesome trip!

Thanks for sharing!
I like your touring style!
Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
10-23-2014, 04:02 PM
I think all of us here can relate to those post-Disney vacation blues. I can definitely see why you have them since you had such an incredibly busy, yummy and awesome trip. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

RavsRuleDisney!
11-15-2014, 12:51 PM
You'd better believe it!

Scary and exciting all at once...

You know, we all say how the park is showing its age, needs refurbs, new attractions, etc. Well....hang on because they are really ramping things up!! It will take time and will inconvenience folks for awhile but the end result should be great.... :thumbsup: