PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Snacks

tinkx2
10-20-2014, 02:25 PM
My DD (18) and I will be in disney the week of 15 Dec. I have purchased the dining plan for this trip (1st time). We usually just go-go-go all day until lunch and then again until dinner. We usually don't do breakfast (maybe coffee) and don't do snacks. You will laugh, but we have never had a dole whip, turkey leg, nothing. Now for my question.... i know that the funnel cakes are NOT on the snack list, BUT if we put 2 snacks together can we get one. We are not much for snacking and probably won't use them while we are there, but I thought we might do a funnel cake. If not no problem, just thought I would ask. Sorry for being so long winded.:blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I think you're asking if you can combine snack credits for a "bigger" snack. The snack items are outlined at each location, and if it isn't a snack, then you can't use your snack credits for it ... no matter how many you'd be willing to use.

If you're not going to use any of the snacks, the dining plan might not be a very cost-effective plan for you, since eating the snacks is part of getting your money's worth.

But, as you may already know, there are TONS of great snacks around the World that are yummy, even if you're taking them back to the resort for a late-night snack, or to much on along with your coffee in the morning.

Along with the ever popular Dole Whips (although, somehow I didn't have one on my last trip; not too sure how that happened), we love treats from the bakery in France, the Karamel store in Germany and the beignets from French Quarter. Since we usually go in late August, we also use credits on frozen lemonade, which is a nice treat in the afternoon.

4disneynuts
10-20-2014, 03:40 PM
We sometimes will save some of our snack credits and the night before we leave we go and use them up. We love the rice krispy bars and the bags of carmel corn/cheese popcorn and kettle corn you can get in the gift shops. It is so fun to have a disney treat when we get home. :popcorn:

Niecyboo
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Unless something has changed recently, you actually can get a funnel cake with 1 snack credit at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom. It's weird, because you can't get them at Epcot but I have gotten them at Magic Kingdom.

vicster
10-20-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm begging you to have a Dole Whip!!!!!

tinkx2
10-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks for all of you that responded. Some really great ideals, especially about waiting until the day that we leave (we will be in MK all day) not leaving until about 9pm, so that would be perfect. I promise that I will get a dole whip this trip!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Unless something has changed recently, you actually can get a funnel cake with 1 snack credit at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom. It's weird, because you can't get them at Epcot but I have gotten them at Magic Kingdom.

My son used snack credits for funnel cakes at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Our last trip we had a bunch of left over snack credits so we stocked up on candy from MK candy store to bring home.

tjstrike
10-21-2014, 10:37 PM
When the DDP was 2 snacks a day we'd always have plenty left over to go to Goofy's in DTD and stock up on all kinds of junk food for the trip home.

tinkx2
10-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks all for your responses... I think we will stock up and bring Disney treats home. It will help leaving home a little bit easier.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-22-2014, 12:06 PM
We typically do the snacks at leaving, but you mentioned drinking coffee....use some of your snack credits for Starbucks on Main Street !!:mickey:

tinkx2
10-22-2014, 01:11 PM
DD will love that... I think she stops on her way from her dorm to class everyday (University of Cincinnati) and gets a Starbucks.... If I tell her we will never take any treats home. Lol