PDA

View Full Version : Getting from SS to BC for Brunch

lawgirl
10-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Not sure where to post this. We usually don't have a car, and we do like to visit the other resorts during our trips so I'm familiar with switching from resort bus to park bus etc...

I'm curious though what is the best strategy for getting from Saratoga Springs to Beach Club for late brunch at Cape May. Take SS bus to Epcot, then transfer to BC bus? Or take bus to HS then transfer? Or SS to DD bus, then to BC? Which do you think would be fastest? I guess it also depends on which bus gets to the stop first.

faline
10-18-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd probably take the bus to Disney Studios. From there, I'd either take the boat or walk.

lawgirl
10-19-2014, 06:33 PM
I'd probably take the bus to Disney Studios. From there, I'd either take the boat or walk.

So you can walk to Beach Club from HS? How far is it?

lawgirl
10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Also, is there a pathway from HS to BC, or is it just walking along the street / sidewalk to get there? I'm not too familiar with the HS area. I like the idea of walking though.

And if our reservation is at 10:45, do you think leaving SS at 9:30 would give us enough time? Thanks!

Carol
10-19-2014, 07:17 PM
You can also use the walkway to Marketplace and jump on a Beach Club bus there.

Janmac
10-19-2014, 07:42 PM
There is a nice walkway from DHS to the Boardwalk. You walk along the waterway that the boat to DHS uses. You walk along the back side, as it were, of the Boardwalk til you get to the bridge to the Swan/Dolphin, hang a right, and around the end of the Boardwalk. If you go over another bridge you can walk toward Yacht Club and along to Beach Club or turn right some more and walk along the Boardwalk til you get to the bridge over to the Epcot end of the Beach Club.

The walk from DHS to the end of the Boardwalk is about 10 minutes, if you're strolling. Then maybe another10 minutes alongside a resort and over a bridge to actually get into Cape May.

We almost always allow an hour for transport time. If we're early, we can look around the resort.

Jan

lawgirl
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Great! Thanks for the info. I think if the weather is nice we will definitely walk. Really looking forward to it!

lawgirl
10-19-2014, 09:26 PM
There is a nice walkway from DHS to the Boardwalk. You walk along the waterway that the boat to DHS uses.

Jan

This sounds great. Just for my reference and to be able to direct everyone in my family, if we take the bus to HS, once we get off the bus, which way do we head for the walkway? In relation to the entrance to HS?

DizneyRox
10-20-2014, 06:07 AM
As you get off a bus, it's back towards the right, if you're walking towards the parking lot entrance, it's to the left. . The bus stops for MGM is a little scatterbrained. Look towards the Swan/Dolphin and head to the right. Check Google maps and you'll see what I mean.

If you're on a bus at 9:30 you should be fine, but don't head to the bus stop at 9:30.

Janmac
10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
As you get off a bus, it's back towards the right, if you're walking towards the parking lot entrance, it's to the left. . The bus stops for MGM is a little scatterbrained. Look towards the Swan/Dolphin and head to the right. Check Google maps and you'll see what I mean.

If you're on a bus at 9:30 you should be fine, but don't head to the bus stop at 9:30.

Exactly. Except remember that bus schedules are said to be based on every 20 minutes, starting on the hour. Supposedly. So a bus ought to come around about 9:00, 9:20 and 9:40. Ought. In a perfect world. :D

You'll see the waterway. With your back to the main DHS entrance, you'll be walking up the right side of the waterway. Side opposite the boat dock.

Jan

lawgirl
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Do you think that will be better than a DD bus from SS, then getting on a BC bus? I guess we'll play it by ear. If its raining, we'll plan on the DD route.

Thanks for the tips!

Janmac
10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
It seems we have waited for a bus more at DD. And what time does DD bus service begin?
When it's raining, we often just spring for a cab. Probably less than $20, even with a tip.
If you were feeling adventurous, in the rain, you could bus to DHS, race down to the boat dock and then take a boat to the Beach Club.

Jan

DizneyRox
10-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Exactly. Except remember that bus schedules are said to be based on every 20 minutes, starting on the hour. Supposedly. So a bus ought to come around about 9:00, 9:20 and 9:40. Ought. In a perfect world. :D
Disney busses are not on a schedule any longer. They are dispatched on an as needed basis. You'll notice now that drop off are usually to an empty bus stop so they can be directed to a different location. Seldom does a bus run in a loop anymore.

Janmac
10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Good to know info

Jan

DebK
10-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I 2nd the idea of a cab....

lawgirl
10-23-2014, 05:53 PM
I 2nd the idea of a cab....

I've only gotten a cab once, and the manager pd due to a big mixup on their part. We've got 6 people total, at SS. Does the cab pickup at the main lobby? Depending on where our room is, we may be a hike from the lobby. Last time we were about 10 minutes from the lobby. But not sure where we'll be this time. I like the idea of a cab.

So from SS to BC, estimate of about $20?

Janmac
10-26-2014, 12:09 AM
I don't know about SSR, except that I've read you can use the Parks/DD bus as an internal transport mode, as they go in different directions. I'm assuming that the cab would pick up at the main lobby. We usually walk up to Bell Service and ask for a cab. One has arrived within 5 minutes.

At POR we used a cab to GF for supper. There were 6 of us, and our cab was a small van of some kind. Fare was $12, if I'm recalling correctly. As we were two families, each with nothing smaller than a ten dollar bill, the cab driver got one nice tip.

Jan

Mickey'sGirl
10-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Anytime we have taken a cab anywhere at DW, it's been $20 or less.

Personally I would walk over to Marketplace and take the Beach Club bus from there.