PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming AP certificate

Cass&KenziesMom
10-18-2014, 12:44 PM
So I'm super excited! Our exchange cards for our APs came in the mail today!!! :cloud9: On the card it of course says that they have to be taken to Will Call at any of the parks but I could have sworn I saw it posted before that you can redeem them at Downtown Disney??? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. If it is possible I figure that would be a much easier way then dealing with Will Call but if it must be done no biggie. Only 68 days and counting!!!! :minnie::mickey3:

faline
10-18-2014, 03:50 PM
We've always brought them to Guest Services at the entrance to the park or at Downtown Disney.

CanadianWDWFan
10-18-2014, 04:07 PM
We have only ever done this at Guest Services at Downtown Disney.

DizneyRox
10-18-2014, 04:37 PM
While you can do it at DTD be aware, the timer starts ticking on he ticket when you redeem it, not when you first enter a park. I wouldn't redeem an AP until the day I intend on using it for admission to a park.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-18-2014, 05:11 PM
We'll most likely be going to a park that evening...if not then the next day so not really worried about one day if we don't make it that evening. Thanks for the info everyone!

Fangorn
10-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Something that happed to us earlier this month (although not exactly the same situation as here) and something you'll want to watch out for...

We purchased 10 day tickets through the Disney site on 7/4 for our trip that began on 10/1, even though we knew we were going to upgrade them to APs once we got there.

On the morning of 10/1 we went to Epcot and upgraded the tickets. No problem there. Later that day, I happened to be on MDE and wanted to see that "Annual Passholder" designation on my account. When I looked, it did say Annual Passholder, but the expiration date on my account showed 7/4/15 instead of 10/1/15.

We went to Guest Services and explained (I had all the receipts). They quickly realized that there was indeed an error. Apparently, this is not uncommon. Unless specifically changed, the system will use the purchase date of the original ticket and add a year to that rather than use the date of the first use of the ticket.

Annual Passes no longer have the expiration date printed on them, so you can't tell when you get them. You have to go into your MDE account to see it.

Guest Services changed the expiration date to 10/1/15.

What's still a bit disconcerting is the fact that in MDE, our tickets say:

Expires On : Oct 01, 2015
Ticket started on Jul 04, 2014

So, to anyone upgrading tickets to APs check and double check that the expiration date is correct.

Steve

faline
10-20-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the tip, Steve!

Cass&KenziesMom
10-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Thanks Steve! I will definitely check it as soon as we exchange for our APs!