PDA

View Full Version : SOG - early park admission??

Katzateer
10-18-2014, 08:33 AM
I just had a sinking feeling- if we are staying at SOG does that mean we don't get to participate in EMH?...

VWL Mom
10-18-2014, 08:49 AM
SOG does indeed participate in EMH

From the SOG website

Each day one of the four Disney Theme Parks opens an hour early or stays open up to an extra three hours after regular closing so Shades of Green and other select resort guests can spend extra time in the parks. This amazing feature allows you to enjoy the day at a more relaxed pace, and take advantage of shorter lines at the most popular attractions. The shuttles to the theme parks are scheduled so that our guests can use this benefit to its fullest. To participate, you will need to have a Valid Theme Park ticket, and your Shades of Green resort ID.

Katzateer
10-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Thank goodness!! I have replanned our dining for our Dec. trip around the park hours ( and EMH) and would hate to have to redo plans!

My first plans did not include much park time but we decided to do more park time and I had to redo everything. Just waiting for the 30 day point to get our FP+ scheduled.

Guess I need to take time to explore the SOG website. I booked the room months ago and really have not checked out much about the resort. Normally we just sleep at the resort and don't hang around much or eat there. Just a place to rest our heads. We stay at the value resorts most of the time so we can eat at the best places.

Melanie
10-18-2014, 09:32 AM
EMH is really the only Disney perk you get at SoG.

Katzateer
10-18-2014, 11:16 AM
EMH is really the only Disney perk you get at SoG.

Thanks! At this point it is the most important.:thumbsup:

The only thing I don't have set up is transportation but will probably go with towncar from Intercot sponsor.

FenwayGirl
10-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Katzageer have you stayed at SOG before. I am staying there for the first time next June...If you have stayed there...any suggestions/info that you can share?

pcoleman
10-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Dear Fenway Girl,
You will love SOG. We have been many times recently this past August. Couple of tips. If you get a chance eat at Evergreens. Limited but good food. You will receive a notice from ticket office to order tickets ahead of time. Take advantage of this and you can link tickets to MDE. They will email you the ticket numbers. Once you enter them you have to call Disney and have them adjust the days. We purchased 7 day tickets and the account listed 7 days but Disney counts up so they will have to have your MDE adjusted so it shows 0 days. SOG has all new buses. I have always liked their bus system. Always know what time the bus will arrive and depart. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

FenwayGirl
10-27-2014, 03:49 PM
pcoleman..thanks for the positive review. I am lucky to be going with my sister in law who is retired Air Force. We got a package that included breakfast and dinner every day...not DDP...but it will be good. Please explain the ticket issue.

Imalismom
10-28-2014, 07:56 PM
I am also a frequent flyer at Shades of Green, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Katzateer
10-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Katzageer have you stayed at SOG before. I am staying there for the first time next June...If you have stayed there...any suggestions/info that you can share?

We have not stayed there before. A co-worker of my husband told him they really enjoyed the resort so we are giving it a try. I will post a report after our December stay.:thumbsup:

The only downside I have found so far is transportation from the airport. While I am sure the town car I reserved will be nice, to and from the airport is costing as much as one of our airline tickets. I have been spoiled with Magical Express.

pcoleman
10-30-2014, 11:46 PM
The ticket issue can be confusing. Basically, Disney has to set your tickets to # days. As you use them your MDE account will count down. It is just a glitch in the system. Militarydisneytips.com has great deal of information. An issue has arisen with Shades’ new procedure to send guests their ticket numbers for their pre-purchased tickets. This problem only applies to Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets and Shades’ Stars and Stripes Passes, not Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets. When Shades sells one of these tickets, Disney’s ticketing system does not know how many days the ticket is for until you use it for the first time. THis is because Shades’ and Disney’s systems don’t talk. When you enter or scan these ticket numbers into My Disney Experience, Disney only recognizes this ticket as good for an unknown number of days. MDE says the ticket is a “0-Day ALPHA S TICKET” and will allow you to make one day’s worth of FP+ reservations, but no more. Worry not, there is a work around! Call the Disney Internet Help Desk at 800-848-6413 they will be able to help you get the tickets recognized properly in MDE. You can then make your FP+ reservations for your whole trip.