PDA

View Full Version : using old magic bands

disneymom15
10-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Just curious, we have magic bands on order, if by chance they don't show up, can we use our previous magic bands(from January trip)..

faline
10-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Yes. Just go on line to My Disney experience to ensure they are still listed there and still listed as active.

ransam
10-18-2014, 03:06 AM
I debated whether or not to get new ones, and I finally decided I wanted to get new ones.

lawgirl
10-18-2014, 10:33 AM
So if I just want to reuse my old ones, how does that work? Do I take those to the check-in counter at the resort? I hate to keep getting new ones every time.

Fangorn
10-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Go into your MDE account and go to the section "MagicBands & Cards". I should show all the bands that have ever been linked to your account, and will say "Active" or "inactive" by each one. More than one can be active at the same time.

We just got back from a 2 week trip where we did a split stay. We received bands for each stay. We also purchased APs while there and now have a third set as Passholders.

My account shows all 3 of my bands in MDE and all three show active. I did nothing to accomplish that other than be logged in to my MDE account when I made my first reservation.

We had the first two sets of band with us during the trip and the bands were completely interchangeable; they both worked at both resorts and provided all other services. Exactly what I would expect should happen.

The only real issue I can see, is that battery life has to come into play at some point. But since they give Annual Passholders bands, they must expect the battery to last at least a year.

Don't know that I'd expect these bands to still work 2 or 3 years from now

Steve

DizneyRox
10-18-2014, 04:42 PM
The only real issue I can see, is that battery life has to come into play at some point. But since they give Annual Passholders bands, they must expect the battery to last at least a year.

Don't know that I'd expect these bands to still work 2 or 3 years from now

Steve
The magic bands should work "forever" for admission and fast pass. The battery I think is only needed for the long range RFID transmitter that tracks your movement around the park.

lawgirl
10-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the help! Will do that now!

Fangorn
10-19-2014, 07:24 PM
The magic bands should work "forever" for admission and fast pass. The battery I think is only needed for the long range RFID transmitter that tracks your movement around the park.

I expect you're right for most things, given that you actually have to touch your band to the Mickey head and it has to be properly aligned, even then.

But things like delivering your pre-selected food choices to you at BOG (lunch) and knowing which ride photo to attach to your Memory Maker account do rely on the tracking aspect of the bands.

Steve

DizneyRox
10-19-2014, 08:59 PM
I expect you're right for most things, given that you actually have to touch your band to the Mickey head and it has to be properly aligned, even then.

But things like delivering your pre-selected food choices to you at BOG (lunch) and knowing which ride photo to attach to your Memory Maker account do rely on the tracking aspect of the bands.

SteveSo off-site guests etc, can't do either? Wow!

Way to go Disney!