PDA

View Full Version : Archery at Fort Wilderness

Jotaky
10-16-2014, 06:29 PM
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I signed my daughters up for the Archery experience at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone tell me the best way to get there and how long it might take? I've never explored that area. Thanks!

faline
10-17-2014, 08:02 AM
The archery experience is designed to last 90 minutes. From Wilderness Lodge, you can take a boat or bus to Fort Wilderness. Make sure you ask about the bus transportation as not all of the buses go to Fort Wilderness. Once you arrive at Fort Wilderness you will need to take an internal bus to the Bike Barn where this experience takes place. I would allow at least one hour for travel as it is possible you wold need to wait up to 20 minutes for each form of transportation.

Patricia
10-17-2014, 11:08 AM
If that possible hour of transportation wait time bothers you, it's only a 15-22 minute walk to Fort Wilderness (1 mile) There is a trail connecting the two, we have done it a few times and it's very pretty.. watch for deer!

Note: The blue marker on the map is the Bike Barn/Archery area.

ransam
10-18-2014, 03:05 AM
is there a age limit on this?

Jotaky
10-18-2014, 07:44 AM
The age limit is listed as 7 and up. My daughter has been wanting to do this for a while. This trip is for her 16th birthday so it's all about her! They are both really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure yet which option we'll choose but it is nice to know we have choices. The walk sounds nice.