PDA

View Full Version : Did I get upgraded?

Hog
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
I had a standard view room at AKL and when I arrived I asked if I could be placed close to my parents who booked a savanna view room. I got placed down the hall facing the other side but it had a view of a different savanna than my parents. I saw there were rooms with views of the pool and parking lot, should those have been my room instead?

I would have been upset had I paid almost the extra 2k to stay in the room I did if its considered a savanna view. Because compared to my parents room I saw less that 1/4 of what they saw. My dad told me he saw a herd of bison (?) Stampeding circles.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm not an AKL expert, but it sounds to me like you did!

Standard rooms can overlook anything, and that is often a parking lot, or some landscaping. Even a pool view is often an upgrade.

mechanic
10-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Yes. You were upgraded. A substantial number of standard view bookingd get moved.

ransam
10-16-2014, 01:55 AM
congratulations.

VWL Mom
10-16-2014, 05:53 AM
You mention that the parents are on the opposite side of the hallway so It sounds like you may have been upgraded to Savannah rooms and they may have been upgraded to Arusha Savannah rooms. Are they on the inner circle?

I would have been upset had I paid almost the extra 2k to stay in the room I did if its considered a savanna view.

If you did get an upgrade the difference is $89/nt which means you're there for almost 3 weeks to get to 2k…..I'm so jealous!!