PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with planning!

gottaluvtink
10-15-2014, 08:53 AM
I am so not a fan of all this planning 180 days in advance, 60 days in advance. I would give anything to go back to just making a spontaneous trip. It's impossible anymore. We planned our dates, got all our dining, Be Our Guest, and all, and now changed our dates because of airfare. Now, it's time to start all over. It's just frustrating having to plan every day, almost every moment because of fast passes. I miss the good old days! ;:bang:

faline
10-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Trips do seem to need to be "overplanned" these days!!

princessgirls
10-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I hear you!!!

It seems a little overwhelming!

Julie:mickey:

g8rgirl29
10-15-2014, 11:10 AM
I am with you!! I Love the planning of our Disney trips but this planning ahead of fast pass+ makes me a little crazy!! Trying to coordinate dining, parades, fireworks, park hopping, rest times, and shows with the fast pass+ times makes me cross eyed, frustrated and pretty sure that we will be crazy!!

VacationDisney
10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree. It's TONS of planning, that's for sure.

I think we missed somethings , on our last trip, because of all the planning:confused:. I can't begin to plan for EVERYTHING, like EMH or parade times etc. something has to give when dining plans for TS are made 180 days out and FastPass+ is 60!

I do my best under the new system, but the old system really wasn't all that bad:thumbsup:

cer
10-15-2014, 12:39 PM
What I try to do, and this may not work for everyone, is try to schedule all my fastpasses as close to each other as possible. - I think they give them in out in 1 hour increments, so let's say I have a FP at 1pm for Splash then one at 2 for big thunder and then one at 3 for Space.

What I will do is hit up my splash fp right before the window closes ( like 1:50), by the time I walk off that, the window is open for big thunder, and then once Big Thunder is over I can be over to Space in the early part of the 3:00 window for that, so all of them are done in about an hour and a half.

I know it won't work for everyone, but it helps me not have to keep track of a whole lot of random FP times. I just lump them close together and knock them all out...

Of course, this is all based on availability and if you are FPing a parade or fireworks, it likely won't work in this way.

Just thought I'd share my 'system'... :secret:

NJGIRL
10-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I agree. I don't like planning every minute of my day. Too stressful anymore.

1DisneyNut
10-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I agree. Having to plan which park for each day and schedule rides/FP+'s for those days months in advance is just absurd. I hate it.

natedog24
10-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Agreed. But look on the bright side, even if you do a little planning, I believe you're still ahead of the game compared to most people entering the park.

Yes, the spontaneity is long gone, but the way I see it, this gives you a leg up on everyone else that will be at the park the same time as you.

Some might say that no one should have a "leg up" on anyone... To that that, I tend to agree, but with the current system, you can either be spontaneous and wait a long time for (or miss) key attractions, or plan in advance. Pick your poison. I tend to like this model better than Universal's "pay extra to skip the line" model...

ransam
10-16-2014, 01:58 AM
I think it takes some fun out of the vacation. You have to stick to a plan, who wants to do that on a vacation? I do that at work.
it hurts with you having a park hopper, it really does ****.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-16-2014, 07:15 PM
We "planned" last time we went because the FastPass+ stuff didn't exist yet so we only had to do ADRs. This time we're not planning at all. It will be ridiculously crowded when we go but we'll be back in June so I really don't feel like we need to get to everything anyway.

deedee73
10-16-2014, 11:59 PM
I totally agree. I don't mind the AIR or determining the park hopping but adding the fast pass+ to this is causing me for the first time to dread my Disney advance planning. I too want to go back to a little planning & still some flexibility.

forever a child
10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
I think as long as you are happy with QS meals, you can be spontaneous. But if you want a nice sit down meal, then everything changes. Our one day visit to MK was spontaneous but that was before the new FP+ system was in place. Kind of sad we can't do it again like that and still hit all of the rides we would like.