PDA

View Full Version : Off Site Guest Fast Pass Report

NJGIRL
10-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Our last trip was last October and it was very stressful because of the fast pass mess at the time. From what I have been reading it has not gotten any better. I guess I would like to hear from someone that has been there recently and has NOT stayed on site.

Can you tell me what fast passes you were able to get and your experience trying to get them that day.

We just sold our timeshare but have two weeks left to use and my son wants to take a bunch of friends down Easter week...but I'm not feeling it. Not sure if I want a repeat of last year.

AgentC
10-14-2014, 12:30 AM
If you purchase tickets in advance you should be able to link them and book 30 days out.

As a pass holder I can book 30 days out but often book a few days before or even same day.

When we were there at the end of Sept and did not stay onsite I was able to book everything at Epcot. But Test Track and Soarin are usually gone by 10. I was able to book POTC and the Jungle Cruise at 8 pm on a Saturday. The mountains were available too but on the same day at 11:30 am, almost everything was gone at Epcot and DHS.

Keeping in mind that every day is different. As of right now I could book the Mine Train for today but I couldnt get it at all for our Sept trip even trying 30 days in advance. The later in the day you try to book the harder it gets.

The things I find almost always hard to get unless you book 30 days or more in advance are

7 Dwarves Mine Train
Toy Story
Anna & Elsa meet and greet
Frozen sing a long
Special area for parades and fireworks

My guess would be Easter week might have more FP+ reservations done in advance so you may find less open than I have.

NJGIRL
10-14-2014, 10:38 AM
That's what I am worried about. I know Easter will be very busy so having FP will be very important. When you book 30 days in advance are you able to get everything you want? And what did you mean when you said Soarin and TT are gone by 10...fast passes that day?

Thanks Cindy!

dnickels
10-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Can you tell me what fast passes you were able to get and your experience trying to get them that day.

Not 100% what you are looking for but in the ballpark... I'm local with an annual pass. Sometime earlier last week I had made a FP for Soarin' around noon on Sunday. I didn't have any expectations to change it but went in Saturday night to if any other times were available to switch to and the App told me that there were no times available. If that info the App was showing is correct then any offsite guests who showed up on Sunday were out of luck to get a FP for Soarin.

Just one park, just one day, and Columbus Day weekend and Food & Wine festival disclaimers apply, but I'd expect similar or bigger crowds/demand during Easter weekend.

NJGIRL
10-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Thank you for the info. I really don't want to go, but we have a free week to use up before it expires and my son doesn't want to miss school this year.

So the 30 days applies to off site guest...we wouldn't have annual passes anymore, but will have the tickets way in advance to the 30 day window. So this applies to non annual pass holders right?

AgentC
10-15-2014, 12:48 PM
That's what I am worried about. I know Easter will be very busy so having FP will be very important. When you book 30 days in advance are you able to get everything you want? And what did you mean when you said Soarin and TT are gone by 10...fast passes that day?

Thanks Cindy!

Sorry. I was offline for most of yesterday. Yes I meant FP+ are often gone by 10 on those too rides in Epcot but you never know.

I just checked and as of now (12:45pm) Test Track, Illiminations and Soarin have no FP left for the day but over at Magic Kingdom the only things without availability of FP are the Mine Train, the parades and Wishes.

Not surprisingly TSMM has no FP but everything else at DHS and everything at AK still have them.

Now if today were a Saturday, I'd expect availability to be much lower.

So the 30 days applies to off site guest...we wouldn't have annual passes anymore, but will have the tickets way in advance to the 30 day window. So this applies to non annual pass holders right?

Yes, as long as you have your tickets in advance you are supposed to be able to link them in your account and make reservations in a 30 day window.

DizneyRox
10-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Anyone with a ticket can make fp reservations 30 days in advance. If you also have an onsite hotel reservation, you can get them at 60 days.

NJGIRL
10-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Oh and one last question....do you have to pick up an actual fast pass or do you use your ticket.

I think we are going to go to WDW 2 days...Universal 3 days....and a few days doing misc things.

faline
10-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh and one last question....do you have to pick up an actual fast pass or do you use your ticket.

There are no more paper fast passes. Your reserved fast pass would be connected with your Magic Band if you have one and/or your park ticket. You would scan one or the other as you enter the fast pass line.

NJGIRL
10-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Thanks Linda...we won't have magic bands so I guess they would use our park tickets. So that means at each fast pass attraction we would have to get our tickets out and scan them right?

faline
10-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks Linda...we won't have magic bands so I guess they would use our park tickets. So that means at each fast pass attraction we would have to get our tickets out and scan them right?

Correct.

NJGIRL
10-16-2014, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
10-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Twice... So don't put the tickets away!

faline
10-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Twice... So don't put the tickets away!

Right - like the old system there are two checkpoints.

mrte62
10-16-2014, 07:46 PM
We are just back from 11 days at WDW staying off site. Did not use bands.

1) Yes, ticket comes out for each FP+ attraction and in most cases, you scan when you enter and you scan again at some point in line.

2) Could get FPs for everything but the mine train. Finally rode the mine train after a 30 minute wait at 11 pm during MNSSHP.

3) Cancelling FPs was easy - adding new ones after using your 3 could only be done at kiosks - not your phone.

4) As pointed out by others, we found lines were there weren't any before due to attractions that had short or no lines now did due to FP and standby lines.

NJGIRL
10-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone. If we end up going we will probably just use lanyards for our tickets like we do at Universal. It will make it easier.