PDA

View Full Version : Q on free Wifi in rooms

BklynChick
10-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Has anyone brought a tablet and streamed TV / movies using the free Wifi in the rooms?

BrerGnat
10-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes. We have used it to watch Netflix many times.

Strmchsr
10-13-2014, 05:33 PM
:ditto: Most of the time it works pretty well. Some freezes, but usually can stream. Every now and then it'll not be usable for that.

ransam
10-15-2014, 01:54 AM
It worked great for me at All Star Movies

MargaretMessler
10-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I used the in room wi fi pretty extensively in the evenings from AoA last spring and it was great.

The wi fi in the parks, however, sometimes a little dicey

Polynesian Dweller
10-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Using my iPad in our room to write this. The speed and reliability has been great. Streaming video, posting photos, etc and no problems seen.

The wifi has been very good in all the parks. The only trouble spot was right under the peoplemover. Moved about 10ft and it was perfect (using iPhone not iPad in parks). They have made huge strides in two years.

Figment104
10-21-2014, 01:37 PM
We were at WL last week and used the free in-room wifi a lot with no issues. We streamed from Netflix and YouTube with no issues at all, and my DH had some work to do and mentioned how impressed he was with the connectivity in the room.

ransam
10-25-2014, 04:43 AM
actually I have impressed with how good wifi is all over at Disney.

AllyMonkey
10-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Was there last week. Thought the wi-fi at the resort worked perfectly. Had a terrible time trying to use the My Disney Experience app in the parks though. I would check my settings to confirm I was connected to wi-fi but then when I opened the MDE app to check our FP+ times, it said there was no connection. Had much better luck using my web browser and logging into my MDE account through the disney website instead.