PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker question

mickeyandelsa
10-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for answering my questions. You've been beyond helpful.

I now have a question about Memory Maker.

My best friend and I are going to WDW in a couple of weeks. I booked the trip, and we're already linked in MDE.

Under my friends and family list it says

Elsa can view your shared plans.
Elsa can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos

Question 1
Will she be able to download them? When I try to reassign download privileges, it seems that only one of us can have downloading privileges.

Question 2
When we take a picture together in the parks, do I have to scan my MB only or will those pictures that were scanned with her MB will also appear in my memory maker and be available for download?

Thanks in advance!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
You will be able to see the pictures "on" her MagicBand, as well as your own.

However, for the Memory Maker, only one person can "redeem" the Memory Maker and download the pictures.

She would be able to download and purchase the photos, but the actual Memory Maker entitlement can only be linked/redeemed by one person.

mickeyandelsa
10-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks!

So, it doesn't matter whether it is her magic band or my magic band that is scanned, I will have access and be able to download those pictures, even hers?

natedog24
10-14-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks!

So, it doesn't matter whether it is her magic band or my magic band that is scanned, I will have access and be able to download those pictures, even hers?

Correct!

jj1144
10-18-2014, 09:07 PM
If only one person can download the pics, couldn't the second party in the photos just copy the first person's downladed photos onto a flashdrive for their own personal use later?

natedog24
10-18-2014, 11:23 PM
If only one person can download the pics, couldn't the second party in the photos just copy the first person's downladed photos onto a flashdrive for their own personal use later?

Yes, of course. Once the photos are downloaded, they are yours to use, however you'd like. I believe you can even print off a release, in case the people where you print your photos give you a hard time.

baldburke
10-20-2014, 12:52 PM
I've been looking at the options too and wondering. Are the pics from the memory maker on your app instantly? This would be awesome to have them to share while you are onsite.

Figment104
10-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure about them being available instantly but I believe they are available within at least 24 hours. I was able to look at our pictures while we were there last week, but I'm not positive how long it took for them to show up since i normally waited until the next day to check them.