PDA

View Full Version : Not a fan of play, stay, and dine.

gottaluvtink
10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
We go every year in January, and I think I am going to have to find another time. Also going in November this year, so depending on how that goes, it may have to be my new season. Free dining is offered pretty much during the course of the year, but not in January. The play stay and dine doesn't compare to free dining. I guess I don't understand, if January is one of the slowest months, why it never gets the free dining. :confused:

Strmchsr
10-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I guess I don't understand, if January is one of the slowest months, why it never gets the free dining. :confused:

January isn't one of the slowest months any more. It's become extremely popular with the South American tour groups and the marathon weekend. Also "free" dining isn't offered except in the fall now. They haven't offered it other than that time for the last couple of years and they're looking at scaling back even that.

Package discounts, in general, may not be the best route for you. Look at doing a room only discount, getting your tickets from the Official Ticket Center, and then paying OOP for your food. Magical Journeys can crunch all the numbers to see what the best deal would be.

cer
10-13-2014, 12:18 PM
January isn't one of the slowest months any more. It's become extremely popular with the South American tour groups and the marathon weekend.

Also, Marathon Weekend is a HUGE draw for them as well.

Basket Mommy
10-13-2014, 12:57 PM
January used to be our favorite time to go. Low attendance, cool temps, more availability at restaurants BECAUSE there was no "free" dining (we're DVC and cannot take advantage of that, but since we don't really plan more than 4-5 months in advance, all the restaurants are usually booked up when it's "free" dining time.) Now we don't know when to go because, as someone else said, January isn't that slow anymore!