PDA

View Full Version : MDE App Question... Wait times when in the parks

princessgirls
10-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Hello!!

My trip is becoming a reality! We are booked!!!

Was just wondering if the MDE App gives you approximate wait times for attractions when you are in the parks. Are they accurate?
I had an app on my old phone, and our last trip was two years ago...
What's your experience been?
Julie:mickey:

VacationDisney
10-09-2014, 10:45 AM
We were at WDW in December and most of the time the times were pretty close (the times we DID check). We were not checking all the time, so I don't know if that was the case for everything. Maybe someone will come along that used the app more than we did and has more detailed information:thumbsup:

We were in Epcot when it opened and the app was showing wait times of 65 minutes for Soarin! It JUST opened. We went over to see if that could really be and there was NO wait at all. We actually went on it twice and we had a FP for later in the day. It worked out great.

Have a great trip!

Gregandmel
10-09-2014, 03:23 PM
We were there at the end of September and used the app regularly. They were pretty spot on! A very handy tool!!

MargaretMessler
10-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Hello!!

My trip is becoming a reality! We are booked!!!

Was just wondering if the MDE App gives you approximate wait times for attractions when you are in the parks. Are they accurate?
I had an app on my old phone, and our last trip was two years ago...
What's your experience been?
Julie:mickey:

Two trips last year, I actually checked wait times quite a lot and they were accurate every time.

Fangorn
10-11-2014, 09:37 AM
I've been in Epcot twice this week and the wait times on the app have been identical to those posted on the big reader boards around the park.

Steve

mrte62
10-12-2014, 07:32 PM
We have been using the app all week. We have found it to be pretty accurate.

But we did notice that is a wait time had dropped on an attraction, within 15 minutes it was back up - everyone following on the app raced over to that attraction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2014, 02:57 PM
The app is very good at displaying the same wait time you'll see on the signs at the attractions. It does update quite quickly.

However, how accurate the displayed wait time is, is a different story. ;) We've found it to be much longer than the wait really one on many occasions. :thumbsup:

Still, any other app replies on people reporting their wait, so the MDE is more accurate.