PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS: Changes Coming For runDisney

Melanie
10-08-2014, 04:22 PM
I have it from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE who shall remain anonymous, that there are indeed some changes coming for the upcoming year for the popular runDisney race series.

ToT 10 Miler is gone because Hollywood Studios is going to be in a refurbishment state in the upcoming years. Yet another sign pointing to the redo of that park which is greatly needed!

There will another race event weekend added, with a 1/2 marathon, 10K and 5K. No details on where it may be or the theme.

Avengers will have a 10K added next year.

And it looks like from some filming taking place at Disneyland Paris a few days ago, a race of some sort there is getting ready to be announced.

So there ya have it! Time to sit back and wait for the official announcements.

cer
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
You were right. No TOT 10 miler for next year. :( I do hope it will eventually return. That was one I was looking forward to. I do, however appreciate the reason for it being closed. I have been wondering how they are going to do the marathon around the construction. If they time it right, I guess it won't be problematic, otherwise the marathon might get a new course.

Lacy
10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I like the reason that ToT is off the calendar but hope they bring it back at some point. Having something a little shorter than a Half is a nice option. Looking forward to hearing the new announcement.

Christine
10-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I like the reason that ToT is off the calendar but hope they bring it back at some point. Having something a little shorter than a Half is a nice option. Looking forward to hearing the new announcement.

Word is, that's what the 10Ks are for. Ten miler apparently isn't returning in any form.

arbie_c
11-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Is there a way to sign up to receive the emails announcing the official race info?

Thanks!
Laura

AgentC
11-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Is there a way to sign up to receive the emails announcing the official race info?

Thanks!
Laura

You can sign up for updates here runDisney email sign up (https://www.rundisney.com/email-signup/). My experience has been that the emails are not consistent so I would suggest following runDisney on Facebook or Twitter on better yet make sure you are following our INTERCOT feeds. :)

arbie_c
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Thank you!!

Maddie
03-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Was the one that was added Star wars weekend? or was that already added when this was posted? I know this post is a couple months old but after Wine and Dine sold out so fast I am hoping they add another race weekend!

cer
03-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Was the one that was added Star wars weekend? or was that already added when this was posted? I know this post is a couple months old but after Wine and Dine sold out so fast I am hoping they add another race weekend!

Yes, the The Star Wars and Avengers events were added, however those runs are at Disneyland .

Disney_Barbie
07-26-2015, 12:36 PM
I have it from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE who shall remain anonymous, that there are indeed some changes coming for the upcoming year for the popular runDisney race series

Agreed, your source is quite reliable, as most of these have since came true! (paris race & loss of ToT-10 miler)

So now you've got me wondeing if you have any new insight - I'm dying to know the time of year this new race will be & the themeing of it (also will it be an other moring race or an evening race)

If/When you get any new insight, PLEASE keep us posted, as you really seemed to have for-knowledge of rundisney annuocements

Thanks!