PDA

View Full Version : BOG Lunch

barbiegirl314
10-08-2014, 03:32 PM
I just read on a social media page that BOG is not going to be accepting walk ups anymore for lunch and the only way to get in for lunch is with FP+. Not sure if this is just a test phase like they are doing with TSM or if it'll be permanent. :confused:
I feel that WDW is going to far will all the pre-planning. It's great for folks who like to pre-plan but I feel that folks are kind of being forced to plan out every minute of their disney vacation whether they want to or not.
Also, if they are going to make it so that you need to have a FP for everything they need to let you book more than 3 at a time. Just my humble opinion
Sorry if I ranted :(

Melanie
10-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Oh my gosh....I can't keep up. But seriously, I thought this had gone into affect a few weeks ago. Maybe that was the test and it's now permanent?

My opinion folks, my opinion - why is this, a restaurant, FP+ anyway? Make it a reservation, like all the other dining. Call it what you want, table service, quick service, whatever (it's really a combo of the two), but just make it part of Advanced Dining Reservations. It doesn't count against your FP+ anyway.

I don't understand the need for complicating things.

DizneyFreak2002
10-08-2014, 03:45 PM
They used to hand out paper return time cards for stand by... Now, they apparently have done away with that, and it is FP+ only... And some people are saying this "test" will last through the month of October...

Melanie
10-08-2014, 03:52 PM
They used to hand out paper return time cards for stand by... Now, they apparently have done away with that, and it is FP+ only... And some people are saying this "test" will last through the month of October...

See. I cannot keep up! It's ridiculous.

PirateLover
10-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Mel, I'm with you! Time to make lunch an ADR meal. This actually bothers me even more than TSM. At least with that, there is a CHANCE for anyone to book a same-day FP+ reservation. At BOG, you must be a resort guest, and you must either receive the email or be in-the-know to access the reservation site since it's not linked to MDE. Why not just switch to a regular reservation system, open to all :confused:

Melanie
10-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Mel, I'm with you! Time to make lunch an ADR meal. This actually bothers me even more than TSM. At least with that, there is a CHANCE for anyone to book a same-day FP+ reservation. At BOG, you must be a resort guest, and you must either receive the email or be in-the-know to access the reservation site since it's not linked to MDE. Why not just switch to a regular reservation system, open to all :confused:

I forgot about it only being available to resort guests, Maryanne. This stuff makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I read a rumor that it will be going to full on TS and serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Supposed to start before the holidays.

savafan
10-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I read a rumor that it will be going to full on TS and serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Supposed to start before the holidays.

If that's true, it might explain why I've been unable to book the FP+ for November.

DizneyFreak2002
10-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Makes sense cause they are pretty much treating it like a table service now, only calling it quick serve for lunch...

OK, let me clarify my previous post... Apparently, STARTING October 31, BOG goes FP+ ONLY... They haven't made the move yet, but will starting at the end of this month... Oh, and off site guests, out of luck... Only onsite guests... And supposedly will also now count against your choice of 3 FP's...

***further proof TDO and One Disney are clowns and monkeys (though monkeys do show signs of intelligence, so I am disrespecting monkeys)...

savafan
10-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Makes sense cause they are pretty much treating it like a table service now, only calling it quick serve for lunch...

OK, let me clarify my previous post... Apparently, STARTING October 31, BOG goes FP+ ONLY... They haven't made the move yet, but will starting at the end of this month... Oh, and off site guests, out of luck... Only onsite guests... And supposedly will also now count against your choice of 3 FP's...

***further proof TDO and One Disney are clowns and monkeys (though monkeys do show signs of intelligence, so I am disrespecting monkeys)...

Wish I knew when an official announcement was coming so I could make sure I can pounce as soon as booking becomes available.

Terra
10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
I agree with you all on this one.

I don't have an issue with the FP+ for attractions. But not restaurants!
Even with attractions you still have the option of waiting [for now. lol].
I can see doing so many FP if that's the way they want to go, but certainly doing away with standby for CS restaurants? No way!

I agree, just make it ADR then for both meals.

Fangorn
10-11-2014, 09:30 AM
***further proof TDO and One Disney are clowns and monkeys

Agreed. But the good news, for us, is we did lunch there last week. Food was mediocre at best. Never need to go back. There are much better counter service places around.

Still waiting for the test of fp+ only to use the restroom.

Steve

RunDMV
10-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Agreed. But the good news, for us, is we did lunch there last week. Food was mediocre at best. Never need to go back. There are much better counter service places around.

Still waiting for the test of fp+ only to use the restroom.

Steve
That will be tiered too. Tier 1 is a stall and Tier 2 a urinal.

savafan
10-12-2014, 09:44 PM
19 days out, and I'm really wondering what's happening. No FP+ options showing on the special site or on MDE for BOG, no reservation options for lunch as TS, and no standby line. I'd kind of like to have some idea before I hit the road.