PDA

View Full Version : Carnation Cafe

dtootsie42
10-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Ok, Hubby and I will be going to Disneyland for a get away for 4 days and we were thinking of going to Carnation Cafe on our first day, after we arrive, for lunch. We have been there for breakfast and loved it but we have heard that lunch is not as good. Can anybody give any reviews? And could you give an alternative to Carnation Cafe! Thanks!

tinkwest
10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
We eat there quite often and it is usually for lunch or dinner. I have only been disappointed once and that was because I tried a type of fish I don't normally care for. Otherwise we have never been disappointed.

As an alternative, Jolly Holiday bakery has some nice choices if you're okay with counter service. I especially like the grilled cheese and tomato soup. DH enjoys the vegetable and whole grain salad.

dtootsie42
10-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks Linda I appreciate your comment and it has put my husbands mind at ease :mickey:

Melanie
10-08-2014, 01:10 PM
The grilled cheese/tomato soup Linda mentioned is the BOMB. But I like Carnation Cafe as well, breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Figment!
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Just had lunch there at the end of October.

Walt's Chili and the Chicken Fried Chicken were both still good.

In addition to a nice selection of comfort food, I love the ambiance of the interior dining room and all of the concept art/pictures on the walls.

AgentC
11-03-2014, 09:55 AM
I also ate there at the end of October.

I had the Sourdough Bacon Cheese Melt with spicy fries and my friend had the Homemade Meatloaf. We both thought our dishes were excellent. I also got the fried pickles as an appetizer. They were sooo good.

I would definitely eat lunch there again. The service was also excellent.

tinkwest
11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Now that they have an indoor dining room we find it quite a bit easier to walk up and get a table so we visit more often. It is one of our favorite eating places.

And, yes, those pickles are yummy!

Tiggerlovr9000
11-03-2014, 07:01 PM
We ate there two times on our last trip. We loved everything we ate. The meatloaf, chili, lemon meringue dessert was all delicious.