PDA

View Full Version : help with restaurant

showmethemouse
10-07-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm going to Disney for my 50th Birthday.
I want to have a dinner at one of the restaurant their about 12 people going to be with me, So my question is what would be the best restaurant to do this:unsure::unsure:

faline
10-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Besides the number of people, it might be helpful to know more about your style. Would you like a buffet or do you want sit-down table service? Would you consider a character meal? Do you want to dine in a park or will you need dining reservations outside a park? Do you want to dine at a deluxe restaurant or a spot that is less pricey?

Janmac
10-07-2014, 01:28 PM
I agree with Linda - what sort of style would suit you? With that many in your group, you probably should pick to suit yourself. Are you thinking supper or would breakfast or lunch work? You can often have a great quiet character breakfast at 10:30 am with the characters all to yourself.

If you're going to Epcot, I highly recommend Marrakesh at Morocco for supper. The food here is good and not too weird. Everybody should find something they will feel comfortable with. The servers here really try to accommodate diners, especially those with a birthday! A large group will fit in here well.

Two restaurants at Epcot's World Showcase that don't fit your size group well are the Biergarten at Germany and Teppan Edo at Japan. These tables seat 8 and can't be moved for larger groups so your group will be split here. When making your reservation you might hear that your group will be split at Marrakesh - we have - but the folks at this restaurant have in the past moved tables for us.

If you're interested in a character meal, which are fun when you're celebrating a birthday, I would recommend Hollywood & Vine, which is at Disney Hollywood Studios and is a buffet. Character meals at this location are breakfast and lunch.

While we really like 1900 Park Fare for a character supper, I doubt I would attempt this popular and crowded restaurant with a large group.

Not quite a buffet, but lots of fun with a big group, is Ohanas at supper, with lots going on. Breakfast is a character meal, with all you can eat breakfast in a skillet. Your group can get a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then either the launch or the monorail to the Polynesian.

Enjoy!

Jan

PlutoPlanet
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Just about everybody likes Italian food. What about Via Napoli or Tutto Italia? They would have to have a ticket to EPCOT.

RAIDER
10-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Biergarten would be my choice if it's for 12 people as you will get seated for that size easily plus you get the entertainment thrown in
The buffet should suit all

Another good one is Raglan Road great atmosphere and the menu is great with music and dancing