PDA

View Full Version : How to get from All-Star Music to Universal / Islands of Adventure

mickeyandelsa
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone!

Could anyone tell me what's the easiest and affordable way to get from All-Star Music to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure?

Thanks!!

Strmchsr
10-07-2014, 10:26 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I think Mears still does a shuttle which is probably the cheapest way to do it. Taxi would be the quickest/most convenient.

mickeyandelsa
10-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info and for the welcome, Chris!!

My question has changed, and now I'm wondering how to get from Universal Studios / Island of Adventure to the Magic Kingdom.

We are planning on spending the day in one of those two parks and then going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the end of the day.

What's the best option?

Is this the right forum for this question? Maybe Vacation Planning would have been more appropriate?

John
10-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Towncar, Rental Car, Shuttle, UBER and taxi are all viable options. Depends on your needs and the number of people.

mickeyandelsa
10-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I was hoping for the existence of some sort of magic shuttle, but alas, that doesn't seem to be the case. :mickey:

I'm borderline OCD and I like to have every little detail planned, hahaha, so could anyone tell me

a) How long it may take me to get from Universal to the Magic Kingdom?

b) Which is the most affordable option?

John
10-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Well, cheapest might be public bus but I wouldn't go that route.

Cost depends on the number of folks going. Personally, I don't like shuttle buses so towncar or uber might be my choices. Taxi... Probably not.

Takes about 20 minutes or so.

DizneyFreak2002
10-07-2014, 06:40 PM
I took a taxy from Bay Lake to Universal last year... cost $100 round trip.. I know I was ripped off... But when you are stuck, there is nothing you could do... I will never do a taxi again... I'll just rent a car... And renting a car would be my suggestion...

John
10-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I took a taxy from Bay Lake to Universal last year... cost $100 round trip.. I know I was ripped off... But when you are stuck, there is nothing you could do... I will never do a taxi again... I'll just rent a car... And renting a car would be my suggestion...

Uber would be half that and you often can find coupons for your first ride free. Used it 4x a few weeks ago in NY and know it's in Orlando.

I'll never take a taxi again. Towncar is a great option and our sponsor Quicksilver is great.

DizneyFreak2002
10-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Uber would be half that and you often can find coupons for your first ride free. Used it 4x a few weeks ago in NY and know it's in Orlando.

I'll never take a taxi again. Towncar is a great option and our sponsor Quicksilver is great.
Wish I knew about uber last year :thedolls:

I'll check into it next time, if I don't rent a car... And yea, no more taxis...

mickeyandelsa
10-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your continuous contributions, as I'm still not sure what option to go with.

I've discarded taxis as an option, per your comments.

Uber sounds great. I've used it before -- however, should I trust I will find a car available when the park is closing and everyone's trying to get out of there?

mgmnut
10-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Towncar for up to 4 ppl via Quicksilver is 85.00 round trip from Walt Disney World to Universal Studios.We used QS last trip and using them again this trip, Very Convenient!

UberX would be 30.00 - 40.00 each way but you may have limited space depending on the size of the vehicle, I think the vehicles are small like a Prius.

Uber XL would be 42.00 - 56.00 each way

mickeyandelsa
10-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Quicksilver seems to be a great option.

Is there a special link I should click?

mgmnut
10-14-2014, 07:50 AM
click on the discussions tab at the top of the page. The link for quicksilver is the second link down on the left of the page under ICOT Sponsors.

Camaro305
10-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Here's another vote for Quicksilver. Very nice!