PDA

View Full Version : Magic bands and online check-in

mickeyandelsa
10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Hello Intercot! :mickey:

I'm beyond excited. My best friend and me are going to WDW Nov. 29 - Dec. 6.

I was wondering what is the benefit of having your magic bands mailed home? Isn't it easier for me just to go to the front desk, get my magic bands and go to my room.

Then, it got me thinking -- is it possible to check in online and go straight to your room, making the process way faster?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks for your help!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I do think a lot of the point of shipping the MB home is for Magical Express, and to get everyone even more excited about their Disney vacation. (this being said as a Canadian, where we HAVE to pick up our MB at check-in).

There are a couple of different ways to get to your room. If you check-in online, you just have to stop by the front desk to show your ID and pick up your package. At some resorts, they are also doing "expedited check-in", where a CM meets you in the lobby, checks your ID and you get a text when your room is ready (all of your info is in the room).

Even with "regular" check-in, you basically just stop by the front-desk and go. It doesn't take long.

VWL Mom
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
If you are using Magical Express you will need your bands. I think it's easier for them to mail the bands to you (in the USA) since they are customized. If they had to look for each guests bands and then unwrap them and activate them it would be quite time consuming.

When arriving at the hotel you must still check-in so they can activate your band and match to your assigned room.

mickeyandelsa
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Thank you so much for your help and fast reply!!!
This has been really helpful.

natedog24
10-06-2014, 10:56 PM
On top of the "logical" reasons why...
At the resort, they only have grey magic bands, while online, you can order from several different colors.
Online, your magic band will be engraved on the inside with your name, I don't believe they do that at the front desk.

Have fun!! :thumbsup:

mickeyandelsa
10-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks so much for your help!

ransam
10-09-2014, 02:46 AM
For me the coolest part or the vacation is getting your bands in the mail and getting pumped!!!

one thing I think though is if you get them mailed to you, you get to pick the color, where at the resort they only have gray.

Polynesian Dweller
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
If you are using Magical Express you will need your bands. I think it's easier for them to mail the bands to you (in the USA) since they are customized. If they had to look for each guests bands and then unwrap them and activate them it would be quite time consuming.

When arriving at the hotel you must still check-in so they can activate your band and match to your assigned room.

You do not need magic bands for ME. The only thing you need is your hotel reservation. All non-US residents can still use ME and we don't get the bands mailed to us.