PDA

View Full Version : Guest Services to Link Old Tickets

JabberJaws
10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
We have a couple of old (2006) no expiration park hoppers that we're going to use on our trip starting this week. We have to get them converted to current gen tickets before we can link them to our MBs. We plan on doing this as soon as we arrive on Thursday.

Does this have to be done at a Guest Services spot at a park, or can our resort GS do it for us?
If park only, what is the easiest/most convenient GS location to get in and out of? Was thinking International Gateway at Epcot but not sure.

Thanks!

d_m_n_n
10-07-2014, 08:15 AM
We went to downtown disney to do this after they tried at our resort. :mickey: we went on our arrival night and it took just a few minutes.

MyDisneyworld
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
We have done this at both the gateway and at the Studios gate. No issues and they actually made it very easy. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

JabberJaws
10-07-2014, 10:19 AM
We went to downtown disney to do this after they tried at our resort. :mickey: we went on our arrival night and it took just a few minutes.

How easy is it to get in and out of DTD now with all the parking mess? We will be arriving around 4:30 Thursday. Plan on going straight to CSR to check-in, unpacking, then heading straight over to wherever to get the tickets changed out so we can make our last minute FP+s.

Was thinking DTD would be the easiest but haven't been since all the parking and other construction began.

Thanks!

Katzateer
10-07-2014, 11:08 AM
We also did ours at DTD. My linked up easily. For some reason it took a lot longer to get my husband's FP+ and tickets for the correct days and times. I was unhappy we couldn't take care of it at the resort at guest relations.

Our tickets were 4 year old park hoppers we had used on 3 different trips. Not sure if that was why we had problems with the one ticket but once we left GR at DTD they worked fine( took almost an hour to get them set up correctly).

I did not want to waste any park time getting it done so we went to DTD our first night. Not sure if the construction would effect the GR there- it isn't in the construction area, right? And if you are taking Disney buses shouldn't be hard.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

JabberJaws
10-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I did not want to waste any park time getting it done so we went to DTD our first night. Not sure if the construction would effect the GR there- it isn't in the construction area, right? And if you are taking Disney buses shouldn't be hard.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Not sure where the construction area is. We haven't been to DTD in several years as on our last 2 trips to WDW we didn't make it over that way. GR at DTD is over by Ghiradelis and Basin. How does the parking work in that area now?

Yeah we didn't want to waste park time and I wanted to have time to make my FP+ at least a tiny bit in advance, so figured we would go ahead and knock it out as soon as we were in town. I may actually even go there first before checking into our hotel, depending on when we get there.

mechanic
10-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Hotel can do it too. At the concierge desk

JabberJaws
10-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Hotel can do it too. At the concierge desk

Not sure if the hotel can do it or not? I've been told by others that the hotel isn't able to, though admittedly haven't tried it myself.

We went straight to DTD and it worked great. Parked over by the HoB and walked right to the window at DisneyQuest. No one in line so we walked right up. Took them 1 minute, tops, to swap out the tickets, then we were on our way.

mechanic
10-16-2014, 05:53 PM
We were there july 6-10 at AKL. Had a very friendly concierge named Kurt take care of it for us. He was a former MLB player, and I wrote a note to management praising his helpfulness.

mrte62
10-16-2014, 07:38 PM
We had purchased our tickets on line for our trip last week and had a number of partial 10 day non expiration old tickets left.

After picking up our race packet for the TOT 10 miler we stopped by guest services (will call window) as ESPN Zone.

Issued our new tickets and reissued the old ones in 10 minutes. Three CM's working the desk.

A good option. :mickey:

CSOM
10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
This is good information - follow up question - do my wife and I both need to go, or can I run over to GS on my own to get both of our old tickets exchanged?