PDA

View Full Version : Packing

polarbear72834
10-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Just 20 days till we leave the house for Disney World. I've already got the suitcases out and have begun packing.. Does anyone else get packed way to early like me ??? I'm just so super duper excited...

disneymom15
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
We usually start packing a day or two before our trip. Our daughter generally the night before. SIL, most trips, morning of.

faline
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I'll usually do the bulk of my packing the weekend before we are scheduled to leave and then pack those last minute items the day we are leaving.

Strmchsr
10-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Wife = 2 weeks before we leave. Me = 2 minutes before we leave. Gets her just a wee bit frustrated with me. :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-05-2014, 04:28 PM
We start the "Disney pile" a couple of weeks before we go. When we start realizing that we don't need something again until Disney, it goes in the Disney pile.

We also have an "ear-box" that holds all of the special Disney stuff all year long.

ASweetLov
10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I make a "travel list" and hand a copy to everyone in my party so no one will forget anything. I always pack the day before and then before leaving for the airport I grab the last minute things like my ID and medication, etc...

vicster
10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
We pack the night before.

gordonokc24
10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
:mickey:
We leave in 12 days and I got down my suitcases today and am starting to figure out what all I am taking because I don't want to over pack!!!
:sing:

Cass&KenziesMom
10-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Last trip I was packed at least 2 weeks before. For our upcoming trip I will wait until closer for the hubby and I but I will pack the kids at LEAST a week early so I can hide their bags in the trunk before they're out for Christmas break. We're leaving the day after Christmas and it's a complete surprise.

Figment104
10-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Every trip I say I'm going to pack the weekend before and it has yet to happen. I normally end up packing the day/night before we leave, and tossing in stuff last minute as we go out the door. We leave on Saturday, and I'm determined to get most of it done during this week since I don't think I'll be needing shorts and t-shirts this week in Michigan ;) Here's to hoping!

1DisneyNut
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
We probably don't even spend 30 minutes doing actual packing. We get the suit cases out the weekend before and put clothes in them through the week as we do laundry. We then check to make sure everything we want is in the night before. It pretty much takes care of itself.

We have a special backpack for WDW that contains all the stuff for the parks and it stays ready to grab and go.

We have a toiletry bag from out suitcase set that we leave a set of most everything in for trips so we don't have to do much packing for that either.

BrerGnat
10-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I am a packing procrastinator. I always am up late the nighy before packing and obsessing over whether I forgot anything. This next time I am trying to pack a couple days early. Should be possible because I am already wearing cool weather clothes here and will need the opposite stuff for my trip in two weeks. I am really going to try and pack this weekend.