PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier

DDoftwo
10-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Has anyone else getten a phone call about their ADR's at LE Cellier on NYE. I recievied on today have tried to call back and no answer. I have been told that they are no longer doing regular ADR's that night. If that is the case I am not going to be a very happy Disney Dad considering I made those ADR's during my 180 day window and here we are less than 90 days away. If this is truly the case there are no other resi's they can give me other than 11pm at Marekesh. My 5 yr old will not like that. Anyway sorry for ranting, does anyone have any details on this. Disney Dining didnt even have a clue.

99-All Star Movies
02-Pop Century
05-Animal Kingdom
09-All Star Movies
14-French Qtr. (82 days)

faline
10-04-2014, 03:14 PM
This is what is posted on the Disney site about Le Cellier that evening:

Delectable Dining on New Year’s Eve

Celebrate the arrival of 2015 in the most mouthwatering way imaginable with a New Year’s Eve feast at Le Cellier!

On December 31, 2014, come on over to a Canadian-inspired eatery where we invite you to ring in the New Year with some of your closest family and friends—alongside a decadent, multi-course menu designed just for the occasion.

Plus, in addition to an unforgettable meal, all Guests 21 years of age and over can even take home a souvenir champagne flute featuring the Le Cellier logo!

So please, find a seat at one of our tables this New Year’s Eve by taking your pick from the following:

1st Seating
Book a reservation at 4:30 PM to enjoy a 4-course meal with choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert: $173.06 for adults (10 years of age and over); $56.03 for children (ages 3 through 9).

2nd Seating
Reserve your place at 6:45 PM and experience a 4-course meal with choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert: $173.06 for adults (10 years of age and over); $56.03 for children (ages 3 through 9).

3rd Seating
For an extra special evening, book your seating at 9:00 PM and treat your palate to a 5-course meal with choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert: $247.76 for adults (10 years of age and over); $80.93 for children (ages 3 through 9).

Advance reservations are required for all 3 seatings, and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Please note: All prices are per person, and both tax and gratuity are included.

DDoftwo
10-04-2014, 03:18 PM
And im guessing that the dining plan wont be allowed, which is my issue. If that is the case now I am also out a dinner reservation on the busiest night of the year. Bad Form disney

faline
10-04-2014, 03:25 PM
And im guessing that the dining plan wont be allowed, which is my issue. If that is the case now I am also out a dinner reservation on the busiest night of the year. Bad Form disney

At that price, I don't think it will be covered under the dining plan.

DDoftwo
10-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the information. That is just awesome to inform someone of this less than 90 days away whn all the other ADR's are gone. It's even more reassuring when Dining and Guest Relation Supervisors dont even know about it. Any suggestions or am i pretty much left to the mercy of disney?

faline
10-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I would check daily for possible dining cancellations at other venues you might be interested in - perhaps several times per day.

Perhaps, when you reach Disney directly, they will have some other options to offer you.

Other than that, you might be stuck with quick service venues or could possible consider room service at your resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2014, 04:58 PM
I agree - it stinks! They really should have these things planned at the 180-day mark.

When you do speak to someone at Disney, ask about alternative arrangements, they may have something that is acceptable.

If not, it may be a night to try somewhere off-site.

DDoftwo
10-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Fantasia 2014 signature buffet. For futrue reference anyone displaced by what they are calling a systems error (cough, cough) with ADR's for Le Cellir. A buffet worth 2 dining credits, it better be something unworldly. I will say the CS Rep was kind, you could tell I was not the first person unhappy about this. I have asked for a Manager call back which should come tomorrow, or Monday. I doubt it will get anywhere and most likely we will eat at the buffet, but I am going down swinging. I have a pipe dream of maybe getting upgraded to a deluxe resort :blush:, better yet just let me keep my ADR!

faline
10-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Fantasia 2014 signature buffet.

This is what Disney shows about this buffet.

Fantasia 2014 is a dining event geared toward the whole family. Guests will enjoy scenes and songs from the Disney animated classic while they dine on a full buffet spread. The menu includes items with international flair:

An array of Soups and Salads such as: Fresh Greens, Antipasto Salad with Basil, Seafood Harvest Chowder, Grilled Flatbread and Hummus
Hot Food Items including: Chimichurri-baked Mahi Mahi with Mango Chutney and carved Deep-Fried Turkey Breast with Garlic and Cranberry Sauce
A Dessert Station that features Carrot Spiced Cream Cheese Cupcakes, Guava and Apple Turnovers, and a Chocolate Fondue with various Dippers
An extensive Kids Menu, to include Fried Chicken Fritters, Baked Mini Corn Dogs, and Mac and Cheese, among other items
You can book Fantasia 2014 between the hours of 4:30 to 10:30PM on New Year’s Eve. Make your reservations online or by calling (407) WDW DINE ((407) 939-3463). General admission is $64.99 for adults and $41.99 for kids, per person, plus tax. Separate admission to Epcot is required. Please note that the event does require a two-day advance notice to cancel.

DDoftwo
10-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah, it just doesn't scream 2 dining credits to me. It's quite the downgrade. I can't take the it is what it is answer in this one. Once again I do appreciate all the information though.

TheVBs
10-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't blame you! That's a nasty surprise. I hope they're able to resolve this in a way you find acceptable.

NJGIRL
10-04-2014, 07:56 PM
It really stinks that they get away with this kind of thing. Push for an upgrade of some sort, whether it's with your room or a free meal somewhere. I'm not one for getting something for nothing but what they did is very unfair.

I remember years ago someone posted that they had booked a Disney cruise a year in advance only to have it canceled about 3 months before sailing. Apparently Disney booked a private party on the cruise and bumped them right off of it! They have no problem screwing up peoples plans if can make a few extra dollars.