PDA

View Full Version : Universal in December or July?

TikiGoddess
10-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Here's the situation. We have two upcoming trips - a long weekend in December (Thur-Sun) and 4 nights in July.

December:
3 nights at Pop
3 park days at WDW

July:
2 nights at Royal Pacific (Universal)
2 days at Universal parks
2 nights at WDW hotel
1-2 park days at WDW

BUT.... I was just thinking, why couldn't we do Universal in December, when crowds are lower? Will there be a significant difference in our experience (regarding lines, crowds) between December and July?

Pick one:

Option 1: visit Universal in the summer with Unlimited Express pass, staying at Royal Pacific

Option 2: visit Universal in December, no Express Pass, staying at Cabana Bay

Thanks for any advice.
Kathy

JabberJaws
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
I guess it all depends on when in December you're going. Obviously the closer to Christmas/NYE, the busier it will be. That being said, I'd say that as long as you're not going to be there during the holidays, December is by far and away going to be your best bet. Not only will the crowds be lighter (possibly significantly lighter), but the weather will be better.

TikiGoddess
10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Duh, I should have posted dates. Yes, we'll be visiting mid-December. Far away from the holidays!

Kathy

JabberJaws
10-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Duh, I should have posted dates. Yes, we'll be visiting mid-December. Far away from the holidays!

Kathy

Then yeah definitely go in December. Plus IOA does some fun holiday stuff in Suess Landing with the Grinchmas. The crowds should be much more tolerable in December as well.

Oh and don't forget that staying in Cabana Bay, even though you don't get express pass, you still get early entry into the Harry Potter areas. Definitely take advantage of that!

mgmnut
10-04-2014, 07:39 AM
I would do mid December over July for both reasons of crowds and Weather, July heat is brutal sometimes.

MargaretMessler
10-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I would do mid December over July for both reasons of crowds and Weather, July heat is brutal sometimes.

I agree. Especially with the brutal heat, Universal does not have a lot of shade either